Interpretation of Trump's personality & behavior

Does anyone else think Trump would ignore a terror threat to get revenge on the people who wanted his ban stopped?

And also so he would have the excuse to attempt more restrictions.

I'm not sure he and Bannon wouldn't stage a false flag to try to seize more power.

I'm well aware I'm in tin-foil territory here.

You're not alone. Except I don't consider it crazy.

When the president and his press secretary flat out lie in every single appearance they ever make (when they're not even effing campaigning anymore) and they know 45% of the voting population will believe them, there is good reason to be paranoid. If people believe these lies, what's next?

Does anyone else think Trump would ignore a terror threat to get revenge on the people who wanted his ban stopped?

And also so he would have the excuse to attempt more restrictions.

I'm not sure he and Bannon wouldn't stage a false flag to try to seize more power.

I'm well aware I'm in tin-foil territory here.

I doubt they'd take that risk but I do think they might purposely make changes that make us more susceptible to terror attacks.

Trump's a Grade A, Major League, textbook, pathological, and therefore dangerous megalomaniacal narcissist, and I am sure any "shrink" would confirm that.

I will say, however, his remark re "the US kills people", "isn't so innocent"(paraphrased) is the ONLY thing that's come out of his mouth that is actually true, that is, especially in regard to US foreign policy.

(p.s., "white nationalist" is code for "fascist" and/or "Nazi".

That first article is comical. James Baker didn't convince Shevardnadze to step down peacefully, Shevardnadze was ousted from office on corruption charges. That article makes it sound like Baker went to Georgia and convinced Shevardnadze to resign.

Shevardnadze was already a reformer before he ever was president of Georgia. He was part of the Gorbachev regime in Soviet Russia and helped bring about the end of the Eastern Bloc. Eduard Shevardnadze is not in any way comparable to the hard-liners who rule Iran.

I mean, it's nice to think that if we had just sent an envoy to Iran, the Ayatollah and the ruling class would have just stepped down, but that's not remotely reality.

But let's say Obama did send Hillary to Iran. Does your friend think it would have made a difference?

I've texted a friend to ask what she thinks about the Green Movement. I'll let you know what she says.

I'll ask him

Is there ANYTHING this so-called president DOESN'T lie about? Anything at all?

Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing that can ruin the opportunity for the administration to accomplish anything positive. If they build their cases on false premises then the house of cards fall down primary because the foundation is falsehood. The country would be better served if he kept his mouth shut and build his policies on factual data and make his argument not on twitter but in the strength of his factual argument behind a particular policy. I know he wants to drive and establish the conversation on everything before the press or his opponents do so but it is backfiring on him I believe wt tweets and statements like these. We soon forget the policy he wants to drive and end up talking about him - which for an ego driven man - that may be his ultimate goal.

Hey Knapp - getting back to our '2 man thread hijack' on Iran. I talked to my friend, who is a very soft spoken, thoughtful person. He starts out by saying "This is a very complicated thing" He believes the people of the USA care about Iran but not the govt (regardless of administration.). He said, the people hoped for more 'moral encouragement' from the USA at that time in the form of more public support by our leadership and also in the UN. He said however sanctions only hurt the people and not the govt. The govt people have the money and the ability to get what they want or desire in spite of the sanctions. So tougher sanctions may not have been helpful as the general population suffers more and don't have the tools/ability to overthrow the govt on their own. He said, yes it would be nice to have a covert operation (CIA types) to knock out the leaders. He said if a war occurred wt the USA, Iran would turn into another Syria, even though Iran is stronger than Syria, they are not a match for the USA. He said the west lost its opportunity back when the Shaw was overthrown. While he said most people would love to see the leaders thrown out by force, he doesn't think very many want Iran to become another Syrian type mess.

Is there ANYTHING this so-called president DOESN'T lie about? Anything at all?

Unfortunately, this is the kind of thing that can ruin the opportunity for the administration to accomplish anything positive. If they build their cases on false premises then the house of cards fall down primary because the foundation is falsehood. The country would be better served if he kept his mouth shut and build his policies on factual data and make his argument not on twitter but in the strength of his factual argument behind a particular policy. I know he wants to drive and establish the conversation on everything before the press or his opponents do so but it is backfiring on him I believe wt tweets and statements like these. We soon forget the policy he wants to drive and end up talking about him - which for an ego driven man - that may be his ultimate goal.

I would have to say that appointing vastly unqualified people to importance posts would impede this administration from doing anything positive. DeVos and Perry come to mind.

He's been lying through his teeth for years and the Trumpers chose that willful ignorance.

Do you think we should have sent in the CIA to overthrow Iran's leadership?

No - it didn't work out for Carter did it (though that wasn't the CIA). Or for Kennedy in Cuba. I think some discussion I heard at the time was to see what we could do to find the right people within Iran to do it themselves. My friends main concern was the lack of moral support. It may have been the same story under GWB if it had occurred then. :dunno Regardless, we and the Britts have mismanaged our relationship with Iran since the early 1950s - when the Shaw was placed in power - basically as a puppet for western interests. My friend remembers his dad and grandpa telling stories that things were ok under the Shaw but the country was ready for change in the later 1970s but most people didn't think the change would end up wt the Islamic state they have now.

Hey Knapp - getting back to our '2 man thread hijack' on Iran. I talked to my friend, who is a very soft spoken, thoughtful person. He starts out by saying "This is a very complicated thing" He believes the people of the USA care about Iran but not the govt (regardless of administration.). He said, the people hoped for more 'moral encouragement' from the USA at that time in the form of more public support by our leadership and also in the UN. He said however sanctions only hurt the people and not the govt. The govt people have the money and the ability to get what they want or desire in spite of the sanctions. So tougher sanctions may not have been helpful as the general population suffers more and don't have the tools/ability to overthrow the govt on their own. He said, yes it would be nice to have a covert operation (CIA types) to knock out the leaders. He said if a war occurred wt the USA, Iran would turn into another Syria, even though Iran is stronger than Syria, they are not a match for the USA. He said the west lost its opportunity back when the Shaw was overthrown. While he said most people would love to see the leaders thrown out by force, he doesn't think very many want Iran to become another Syrian type mess.

I'm loving the 2 man thread btw - keep it up, I'm reading and learning.

Do you think we should have sent in the CIA to overthrow Iran's leadership?

No - it didn't work out for Carter did it (though that wasn't the CIA). Or for Kennedy in Cuba. I think some discussion I heard at the time was to see what we could do to find the right people within Iran to do it themselves. My friends main concern was the lack of moral support. It may have been the same story under GWB if it had occurred then. :dunno Regardless, we and the Britts have mismanaged our relationship with Iran since the early 1950s - when the Shaw was placed in power - basically as a puppet for western interests. My friend remembers his dad and grandpa telling stories that things were ok under the Shaw but the country was ready for change in the later 1970s but most people didn't think the change would end up wt the Islamic state they have now.

My friend has gotten back to me. Full disclosure, she's an Obama fan. I asked her what she thought the US could have done to better assist the Green Movement, and if the Green Movement's failure was Obama's fault. She said the US should work on building a better relationship with Iran. She thinks the US is too bossy and wants its own way, and that we have screwed up the world by messing where we don't belong. She said, kinda echoing your friend, that it would have been nice to have more support from America, but I'm asking her to clarify that because she has always been adamant that we act like bullies with our military. She is not impressed with America's armed forces. She said it's scary for people to go into the streets to protest over there. She does not agree that the Green Movement was a revolution, but she did say that it was not like the Women's Marches, either. Our march was a protest, and they wanted the government to change (although I think our Women's March people would like a new government too, so whatever).