(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not following Husker basketball that closely, but from what I've been able to see, Miles and his assistants seem to bring in big time recruits similar to what Danny Nee was able to do. This is a tough league and we should have a lot of patience instead of thinking we're going to land some super coach who will magically transform the team. JMNSHO.

^ This post is about as accurate as any in this thread - take away KU (every year) and OU (for a couple 4/5 year stints) and the Big8 was pretty bad. Take away the lack of a power house for 1 season (last year) in the Big10 and the conference is on a different level. Comparing records is not a fair battle. In no way will I say that TM has produced on the court as DN did, however 1 to 2 years of patience is required. There will be a day within this decade that we will know if TM put it together or just didn't have it.

I'm not following Husker basketball that closely, but from what I've been able to see, Miles and his assistants seem to bring in big time recruits similar to what Danny Nee was able to do. This is a tough league and we should have a lot of patience instead of thinking we're going to land some super coach who will magically transform the team. JMNSHO.

^ This post is about as accurate as any in this thread - take away KU (every year) and OU (for a couple 4/5 year stints) and the Big8 was pretty bad. Take away the lack of a power house for 1 season (last year) in the Big10 and the conference is on a different level. Comparing records is not a fair battle. In no way will I say that TM has produced on the court as DN did, however 1 to 2 years of patience is required. There will be a day within this decade that we will know if TM put it together or just didn't have it.

when does this 1 to 2 years of patience start? TM has been at NU for 5 years already.

• Fire 3

when does this 1 to 2 years of patience start? TM has been at NU for 5 years already.

Good question - for me personally I feel like the first couple recruiting classes were bandaids (and a smart choice) to put the program on the map. The 2015 class (Watson) was his first class that showed long-term thinking. He should be given at best until those players finish their senior year and at least until they finish their junior year. That being said that would be this year and/or next. Any recruits that he has brought in after that point are going to need to be on the fast track with no extra leeway for these guys. Personally some growth this year making the dance or finishing top half of the league would get him that extra season - next year being the cutoff would have to continue seeing the dance and finishing in the top 1/3 of the league.

finishing in the top 1/3 of this league would be similar to finishing tied for second in the old big8 behind KU. Don't recall us sniffing that very often.

They are not big time

Don't need him to go 20/5 a night. Need a sharpshooter with the ability to play defense and offer another scorer.

So...how many points per game?

I'm going to guess

4.0 ppg 4.2 rpg 1.6 bpg in 13-17 minutes of action.

Rebounds so high...

Who else is going to board when he is in the game? I am basing that off of getting one or two o boards a game and the rest will be defensive. It's higher than his average at WInthrop. but he needs those kinds of stats for us to be successful. You could shave off .6-.8 rebounds if it makes you feel better.

I'm not following Husker basketball that closely...

Rest of this should be good, then.

...but from what I've been able to see, Miles and his assistants seem to bring in big time recruits similar to what Danny Nee was able to do. This is a tough league and we should have a lot of patience instead of thinking we're going to land some super coach who will magically transform the team. JMNSHO.

You're right, you aren't following Husker basketball that closely.

Within this decade?! He's going into year 6, and (again) has the worst winning % out of any Nebraska coach since the 50s. It doesn't take a decade to find out whether or not a coach is going to be successful at a job.

• Fire 1

Within this decade?! He's going into year 6, and (again) has the worst winning % out of any Nebraska coach since the 50s. It doesn't take a decade to find out whether or not a coach is going to be successful at a job.

Not saying he is the coach, but I hate your comparison. The Big 10, even on an off year, is a much tougher league than the Big 12 was back then.

Not saying he is the coach, but I hate your comparison. The Big 10, even on an off year, is a much tougher league than the Big 12 was back then.

What metric would you like to use? If you use RPI, you have to go back to 2012-2013 to find a year when the Big Ten had a higher conference RPI than the Big 12.

• Fire 2