(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coaching Creighton is an interesting thing. From 1994 to now, Dana Altman and Greg McDermott combined to finish alone in first place only twice and never advanced a team to the Sweet 16.

And before anyone jumps all over this and compares it to Nebraska-I would take their results over Collier/Sadler/Miles any day. I just thought they had done better than they actually had.

Coaching Creighton is an interesting thing. From 1994 to now, Dana Altman and Greg McDermott combined to finish alone in first place only twice and never advanced a team to the Sweet 16.

And before anyone jumps all over this and compares it to Nebraska-I would take their results over Collier/Sadler/Miles any day. I just thought they had done better than they actually had.

Yea, they aren't bad results for a team that was in the MVC for a majority of that time. Creighton fans like to have an inflated sense of what their program actually is, though.

I would also like to point out that fewer than 50% of players that Miles has brought in since 2012 has stayed to finish their career.

It's no longer an Ed Morrow thing. Or a "national average transfer thing."

It's a Tim Miles thing.

what does that percentage look like for other teams/coaches?
  • Fire 1

I would also like to point out that fewer than 50% of players that Miles has brought in since 2012 has stayed to finish their career.

It's a Tim Miles thing.

I don't care about other teams and coaches. It's an obvious problem for Tim Miles as evidenced by his sub 500 record at Nebraska.

Didn't someone show the national average being between 2-3? Sounds like this is kind of the norm. Just because it's a bigger name doesn't mean it doesn't fit into that average. Now if you have another 1-2 go then maybe you can claim it's all Tim Miles and the sky is falling. Until then, it's almost literally the national average.

Also I'm not sure a sub 500 record is viable evidence for your point.

Didn't someone show the national average being between 2-3? Sounds like this is kind of the norm. Just because it's a bigger name doesn't mean it doesn't fit into that average. Now if you have another 1-2 go then maybe you can claim it's all Tim Miles and the sky is falling. Until then, it's almost literally the national average.

So then what is it? He can't keep players. Can't keep assistants. And he has a losing record. What more do you need?

• Fire 1

It's a Tim Miles thing.

I don't care about other teams and coaches. It's an obvious problem for Tim Miles as evidenced by his sub 500 record at Nebraska.
I want Tim gone just as much as everyone else, regardless of the stat you posted. I just was curious about the stat and whether it was cherry picked without context or if it's pretty bad comparatively to other programs.

It's a Tim Miles thing.

I want Tim gone just as much as everyone else, regardless of the stat you posted. I just was curious about the stat and whether it was cherry picked without context or if it's pretty bad comparatively to other programs.

I didn't cherry pick anything without context. Clearly Miles can't be a successful coach with this kind of turnover. That is the context.

• Fire 1

So then what is it? He can't keep players. Can't keep assistants. And he has a losing record. What more do you need?

I'm still stuck on how you think our transfers are different than other teams when the national average is around 2.5. That means that generally you lose two to three players correct? Guess how many from Nebraska transferred? At what point during Tim Miles career have we ever gone way above the national average? You can say you don't care about other teams, but the fact is that this is what happens. Players leave at a rate of 2 to 3 a year.

How is being right around the national norm some how a knock on Miles?

You can knock his in game decision making or preparation, but how can you blame him for being squarely in the average category for transfers out?

Edit: If you can poke holes in that stat that was posted and show that 3 is egregiously over the national average then you could very well be right in blaming Miles.

I'm still stuck on how you think our transfers are different than other teams when the national average is around 2.5. That means that generally you lose two to three players correct? Guess how many from Nebraska transferred? At what point during Tim Miles career have we ever gone way above the national average? You can say you don't care about other teams, but the fact is that this is what happens. Players leave at a rate of 2 to 3 a year.

How is being right around the national norm some how a knock on Miles?

You can knock his in game decision making or preparation, but how can you blame him for being squarely in the average category for transfers out?

It's not about the transfers. It's about Miles not being able to overcome the transfers. That is clear by his coaching record.

You know why he turned his other programs around? Because players stayed and developed. That's not happening at Nebraska.