(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It sort of looks like this...

Records don't matter now because Doc had a better record than Miles and because Miles was left with a bare cupboard that Doc was able to win games with but Miles can't. Then Miles got his players in but he still can't win but that is because the Big Ten is so tough (even though this is historically speaking the very worst Big Ten conference in the last 15 years)

For people who are into that sort of thing, Miles' NCAA appearance was with Doc's players.

To be fair, Pettaway and Pitchford were Miles guys.

Records don't matter now because Doc had a better record than Miles and because Miles was left with a bare cupboard that Doc was able to win games with but Miles can't. Then Miles got his players in but he still can't win but that is because the Big Ten is so tough (even though this is historically speaking the very worst Big Ten conference in the last 15 years)

For people who are into that sort of thing, Miles' NCAA appearance was with Doc's players.

To be fair, Pettaway and Pitchford were Miles guys.

They were Pat Knight and Billy Donavon guys! :)

Miles will here for at least another year, so get use to it. Pretty soon we will be like Missouri who fires coaches every 3 years. No coach in their right mind will coach at a place that does not allow to build as there is very little talent in the area.

Other than the fact he has been given 5 years and has won fewer games than Doc...fire him

There has not been any NBA talent on this team for a long time. I have had season tickets and this is the best talent since Nee. And please Doc coached in the Big 12, which had a few good teams.

You just continue to make excuses for Nebraska coaches. I can guarantee you. If miles is the coach next year and it's the same old song and dance you will be here telling us "we can't fire the coach" nonsense.

Best talent since née. That doesn't even make sense.

I don't think Miles should be fired yet even though the end of the season certainly did him no favors.

They have to make the tournament next year or be well over .500 if he's going to stick around.

We would need to see a HUGE jump in success of the program for him to keep his job.

And, by that I mean....produce a season where we are competitive in pretty much all games, have around 20 wins, make the tourney....etc.

The fans need to look back a year from now and say..."wow......that was a fun season."

Which was carried by Mile's transfers!

• Fire 1

Which was carried by Mile's transfers!

And the same exact team the next season...crapped themselves.

My biggest hesitation with letting go of Miles isn't that there is a lack of sufficient reason to fire him, but the lack of an obvious candidate to replace him going forward. So you fire Tim Miles. Now what? Realistically is NU ready to spend with the big boys on basketball budget? I doubt it. We have the financial capabilities to bring in a top tier coach but a top tier coach will not set foot in LNK to coach the Huskers.

i think the more shrewd and appropriate move would be to make a few staff changes and bring in a couple of assistants that can 1. install an offensive scheme that we can fall back on when we really need a bucket and 2. (maybe even more important than 1) teach our guards how to properly defend the 3 point shot. I am constantly dumbfounded by how atrocious our 3 point defense is. Our rotations are SLOW and people are often flying out at three point shooters out of control way too late to provide a proper contest. Wasn't Molinari supposed to be some sort of defensive guru? I have yet to see where the Huskers have really improved underneath his tutelage.

My biggest hesitation with letting go of Miles isn't that there is a lack of sufficient reason to fire him, but the lack of an obvious candidate to replace him going forward. So you fire Tim Miles. Now what? Realistically is NU ready to spend with the big boys on basketball budget? I doubt it. We have the financial capabilities to bring in a top tier coach but a top tier coach will not set foot in LNK to coach the Huskers.

i think the more shrewd and appropriate move would be to make a few staff changes and bring in a couple of assistants that can 1. install an offensive scheme that we can fall back on when we really need a bucket and 2. (maybe even more important than 1) teach our guards how to properly defend the 3 point shot. I am constantly dumbfounded by how atrocious our 3 point defense is. Our rotations are SLOW and people are often flying out at three point shooters out of control way too late to provide a proper contest. Wasn't Molinari supposed to be some sort of defensive guru? I have yet to see where the Huskers have really improved underneath his tutelage.

The first paragraph is crazy. He has had 1 wining season in 5 years. That seems like a sufficient reason to me. We have a new practice facility and arena, so the investment is there. Granted, we will not get a "big name" coach. But so what? If that was the requirement, then Danny Nee would still be here.

As for the 2nd paragraph, we change assistants every year. Its basically a revolving door.

So if NU comes out flat today and it looks like the team has completely given up (like it has for pretty much the last 4 games), does that change people's opinions on retaining Miles? What would be the point of retaining a coach whose team has quit on him? Is that team (that'll be mostly the same) suddenly going to have more inspiration and motivation to play for him next season?

So if NU comes out flat today and it looks like the team has completely given up (like it has for pretty much the last 4 games), does that change people's opinions on retaining Miles? What would be the point of retaining a coach whose team has quit on him? Is that team (that'll be mostly the same) suddenly going to have more inspiration and motivation to play for him next season?

At this point, my completely unprofessional opinion is that Miles is gone, barring a miraculous run through the conference tournament.

At this point, my completely unprofessional opinion is that Miles is gone, barring a miraculous run through the conference tournament.

I would agree and I think sucking it up today would pretty much cement that if he's not. I was just wondering if anybody would still argue we should keep him one more year.

The first paragraph is crazy. He has had 1 wining season in 5 years. That seems like a sufficient reason to me. We have a new practice facility and arena, so the investment is there. Granted, we will not get a "big name" coach. But so what? If that was the requirement, then Danny Nee would still be here.

As for the 2nd paragraph, we change assistants every year. Its basically a revolving door.

Re-read what I posted. Its worded oddly, sure, but I said there "isn't a lack of a sufficient reason to fire him".

We've spent on the facilities, yes. But even the facilities were going to be done on the cheap until boosters saw what was happening and stepped in to prevent it. Without looking at statistics, I would venture NU's coaching salary pool is in the bottom 1/3rd of the Big Ten. So we fire Tim Miles. Are we going to automatically start spending on coaches now?