(POLL) Should NU fire Miles?

Should NU Fire Miles  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It just makes too much sense now to go after an elite head coach, the likes of which this program has not seen. Tom Crean, would get us a tourney win not doubt. Mark Gottfired, a big name head man that is currently still unemployed. He will have a job soon so if we want to get him we need to make a move. I wonder if SE wants to take the economic route to keep Miles since we are paying Diaco big money and still paying Bo(I think). Paying two fired coaches is hard to do, but if it means getting this team wins, I wonder if the boosters are willing to pay off both those salaries.

I am wondering if this is another situation where SE brings in big boosters and lets them voice their opinion. It is unlikely anything new happens in the head coaching department, unless some major program wanted Tim.

Danny Manning??? Some Nebraska fans are absolutely clueless as to what caliber job/program this is. No one is leaving Wake Forest for Nebraska.

Yes Danny Manning, can recruit the Midwest has way less competition then the east coast. It is no different then Isu, or Kansas State. Wake has not been good for awhile, plus you can get paid more here. You think Tom Crean would come here, he is a joke anyway. He couldn't main success in a basketball rich area, and a school that is easy to recruit to.

Danny Manning??? Some Nebraska fans are absolutely clueless as to what caliber job/program this is. No one is leaving Wake Forest for Nebraska.

Yes Danny Manning, can recruit the Midwest has way less competition then the east coast. It is no different then Isu, or Kansas State. Wake has not been good for awhile, plus you can get paid more here. You think Tom Crean would come here, he is a joke anyway. He couldn't main success in a basketball rich area, and a school that is easy to recruit to.

Wake just made the NCAA tournament this year...

Manning is not leaving Wake for Nebraska.

• Fire 1

It just makes too much sense now to go after an elite head coach, the likes of which this program has not seen. Tom Crean, would get us a tourney win not doubt. Mark Gottfired, a big name head man that is currently still unemployed. He will have a job soon so if we want to get him we need to make a move. I wonder if SE wants to take the economic route to keep Miles since we are paying Diaco big money and still paying Bo(I think). Paying two fired coaches is hard to do, but if it means getting this team wins, I wonder if the boosters are willing to pay off both those salaries.

I am wondering if this is another situation where SE brings in big boosters and lets them voice their opinion. It is unlikely anything new happens in the head coaching department, unless some major program wanted Tim.

Not sure exactly what the buyout numbers look like, but the difference between firing Miles now and after the season is probably around $2 million if you use his salary. That's not chump change, but what is the cost of a sunk season if you don't feel like he is the guy?

The basketball season is 5 months long (November-March). So Miles has been coaching for 25 months.

Toss out November where Nebraska under Miles has had a winning record in each one. So now we are down to 20 months.

Anyone care to guess the number of non-November months that we have had a winning record in under Miles? We all know about Feb 2014. So there's one.

• Fire 1

The basketball season is 5 months long (November-March). So Miles has been coaching for 25 months.

Toss out November where Nebraska under Miles has had a winning record in each one. So now we are down to 20 months.

Anyone care to guess the number of non-November months that we have had a winning record in under Miles? We all know about Feb 2014. So there's one.

Shot in the dark: 2 total (Feb 2014 and one other month)

The answer is 3

Dec 2012 4-3

Feb 2014 5-2

March 2014 3-2

So Nebrasketball has not had a non-November winning month the last 3 seasons.

• Fire 1