Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I figure it's Lee, since he's got the experience and POB hasn't separated from him. Either way, we have a rookie to break in and there will be rookie mistakes. 7 wins tops next season because of this.

Although Lee is new to Nebraska and to this particular system, he is far from a rookie.
Well, his numbers @ Tulane were subpar. ~52% completions and passed for less than 2000 yds per. That was in the American Conference. So, I see no reason to get all "juiced" about him. And the fact that POB hasn't separated from him worries me too. If either actually gets on the field and kicks ass, I will be surprised. Learning curve time, and we will probably be at a QB disadvantage in most games, like say, Purdue--that guy is pretty darn good and seasoned. jNU QB, same thing, etc. Either should be a better all around passer than TA, but there will be rookie mistakes in real time B1G competition.

If either can pull down 8 wins, I consider it a successful season. Look to '18 for things to get interesting for Big Red.

He will be good. You have to remember he put those numbers up injured at TULANE, where there was no supporting cast, he has a ton of weapons here.

Our main weapons are gone, namely Westy. We're going to be missing Carter in a big way too. Morgan will probably be the go to guy, but he's not Westy. DPE, I dunno. Other than that, a bevy of rookie WRs, some with mad skills. I hope the latter get on the field, we're going to need them. Lee will have to "show me". I still have high hopes for POB, just not this year, it seems.

Stanley Morgan may not be Westy but he might have been our most consistent receiver last year. Plus now he is the veteran and will be the number 1 go to guy in our offense. If our starting QB is competent in the offense, Morgan could have a very nice year. The guy has great hands, and is better physically than Westy was

I concede your last point only. But I don't recall Morgan making alot of plays last year. He has problems--like everybody not named "Westy"--separating and getting open. And no way are his hands anywhere near what Westy has. Westy is a freak in that regard. Westy does what a WR is supposed to do: get open and catch the ball, plus he can get some YAC. He does his job, IOW. Westy is just too fragile is his only problem. Can't take a hit. He beefs up and he could be the next Julian Edelman, more or less--with better hands.

Morgan will be the go to guy next year, but it will be 7-8/10ths Westy. Lindsay or Mcquitty may surprise, also, once they get their feet wet.

Fragile, huh. I didn't realize that injuries resulting from taking a knee to the spine mean that you can't take a hit.

More like a knee to his totally exposed rib/kidney area, if I recall. Then he comes back, gets hit a a few times and has an ankle or something. He frequently was writhing in pain after hits, having to go out. He's gotta beef up in he's going to make it in the NFL.

He'll be just fine. This year was the only year he's been injured. Remember on the 2-3 years where he wasn't injured instead of focusing on the ONE YEAR he was. If you don't, you end up looking like someone who likes to create their own narrative based on a throne of lies.

knt6X5T.gif

Except this is the year he is trying to go pro and believe me they are looking at his durability or lack thereof.

Sorry to interrupt whatever this is with QB news, but it sounds like there was a few picks between both QBs today.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/practice-report-march-on-final-practice-before-spring-break-dbs/article_f800191e-0aa5-11e7-80f2-07aa554e2d6d.html

I tend to think Kalu and C Jones are the 2 best players on the team right now. But like I said, I hope the QB(s) can keep the INTs down this year.

2017 NFL DRAFT: Jordan Westerkamp

*Westerkamp wasn’t invited to the NFL Combine

*69th WR

*578th Player Overall

*Projected Round "--"(Stock)

*Draft Scout Notes:

--Hgt: 5'11" Wgt: 195

--(+)Coming off of Dec '16 KNEE INJ. '16 BACK INJ.

--'17 Combine: Injured and couldn’t participate.

“It was a tough year, just with those crazy injuries,” says Westerkamp

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=125761&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-cornhuskers-nfl-draft-stock-nate-gerry-jordan-westerkamp-whos-rising-falling

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2017&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC&startspot=60

This new guy is fantastic, in other news quarterbacks all threw picks today. Where is the outrage and questioning that was done when Tommy threw picks in practice, for these guys who threw a total of 4 in the red zone session?

A subtle difference might be that Tommy was doing this as a 4 year starting senior while POB and Lee are getting their first chances of running the offense Riley wants.

• Fire 3

This new guy is fantastic, in other news quarterbacks all threw picks today. Where is the outrage and questioning that was done when Tommy threw picks in practice, for these guys who threw a total of 4 in the red zone session?

A subtle difference might be that Tommy was doing this as a 4 year starting senior while POB and Lee are getting their first chances of running the offense Riley wants.
Plus you don't hear the coaches saying that the QBs are missing a bunch of open throws like they were the previous two years

If for some reason you've reached your quota of beating your head against the wall for the day and want to continue with the dumpster fire this thread turned into today, you'll have to go here.

If for some reason you want to continue your conversation with Infinity140, you'll have to find him on his dating web site.

• Fire 7

Quarterback Patrick O’Brien. The guy looks more polished, confident and accurate than he did in fall camp, when he wasn’t a serious threat to push Armstrong or Ryker Fyfe. O’Brien may not win the starting job, but he has posed a decent challenge to Tanner Lee. He made his redshirt season count.

OWH

• Fire 2

I figure it's Lee, since he's got the experience and POB hasn't separated from him. Either way, we have a rookie to break in and there will be rookie mistakes. 7 wins tops next season because of this.

You know that's only happened twice since the 1960's right? You data is not your friend.

I stand by my "data". 7 wins tops. Rosen only had 8 his rookie year, we dont have Rosen. DL and LBs are sketchy and I think Diaco is clinically insane, lol!

Nebraska has 7 home games--count 'em, 7.

The road games? @ Oregon, @ Illinois, @ Purdue, @ Minnesota, and @ Penn State.

The only 50/50 or probable loss games at home are against Ohio State and Wisconsin, so there's more than likely 5 wins.

We should beat Illinois, Purdue, and Minnesota that's 8 wins.

The '17 Nebraska season hinges on the games against Oregon, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Penn State.

I certainly see, and understand, your line of thinking...but I think we'll be better, much better, than you're anticipating.