Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally listening to the Sam McKewon/Jon Nyatawa OWH podcast.

Here is an excerpt of Sam talking to Jon about the QB competition (Jon no longer covers NU football, was moved to the Creighton beat)

Sam: They are throwing the ball so much better than Riker and Tommy last year. Jon, you would be surprised. You wouldn't even recognize this. I'm not kidding.

Jon: Really?

Sam: They really are. Tanner is throwing the ball nice, but Patrick looks so much better than he did in the fall.

Jon: I am so used to going to practice and seeing balls bounce off helmets and land 20 feet away. I don't want to make fun of Nebraska QBs over the last 10 years, they weren't recruited as throwers, that wasn't their skill set. As throwers, there were some practices where it was really bad. You were sitting there thinking "are they going to complete a pass during this skeleton drill?"

Sam: No question

Jon: Or "what is happening?". This is a good sign at least.

Sam: And they are throwing it and not only completing it, but also throwing it in stride and that is something else that has changed. Who knows how good of a player Brandon Reilly would have been if he had been able to catch passes in stride, because that hardly ever happened

Jon: What a concept

• Fire 2

Well we haven't had an Ameer for a couple years now...

Somehow, I don't think it would matter much if we did...

Jumble of Imani Cross/Devine Ozigbo/Terell Newby/Mikale Wilbon/Tre Bryant. Or, Ameer Abdullah.

I think it makes a rather large difference.

May be a long shot but I wouldn't count Gebbia out of the running. POB and TL may be taking a back seat. Not unheard of in this day and age to see a true freshman win the job and shock the world on the field. Not saying Gebbia is Johnny Manziel .... But he could be?

May be a long shot but I wouldn't count Gebbia out of the running. POB and TL may be taking a back seat. Not unheard of in this day and age to see a true freshman win the job and shock the world on the field. Not saying Gebbia is Johnny Manziel .... But he could be?

So you're saying Gebbia is actually Manziel in disguise?

lol he had to get back in college, the only place he can be a 18 year old 26 year old.
  • Fire 1

The only way Gebbia plays is if we have catastrophic injuries to both Lee and POB.

The only way Gebbia plays is if we have catastrophic injuries to both Lee and POB.

Pretty much. I'd even say Bunch was brought in case those catastrophic injuries happened. They in no way want to burn Gebbia's redshirt.

Well we haven't had an Ameer for a couple years now...

Somehow, I don't think it would matter much if we did...

Jumble of Imani Cross/Devine Ozigbo/Terell Newby/Mikale Wilbon/Tre Bryant. Or, Ameer Abdullah.

I think it makes a rather large difference.

With the line and offensive scheme we've had the last couple years, I don't think Abdullah would've been nearly as great. Or to put it another way, I don't think those other four are as bad as they've been made to look.

lol he had to get back in college, the only place he can be a 18 year old 26 year old.

Hey, he did at least acknowledge that he's a douchebag...