Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Balance doesn't necessarily have to mean - literally - 50/50, nor does it have to mean striving for exactly 50/50.

Nebraska will probably be a more pass focused team this year. They had a tendency to rely on the pass in difficult situations or when they were down the last couple years, and now they've actually got a quarterback better fitted for that role.

I'm not holding my breath for a top half finish in conference rushing yards, though I'll be thrilled if we can get there.

I wouldn't say we are striving for 50/50 more so the cards will just play that way. Riley continues to reiterate that his offense isn't pass focused so I think they are going to at least try to run the ball as much or more than we pass. It's annoying that people continually want to peg this offense as pass first when that's not what this staff has done since they have been here. They have run the ball more both years and while we do have a more effective QB now I don't see them abandoning their philosophy. We will just be more deadly when we do throw the ball.

• Fire 1

I wouldn't say we are striving for 50/50 more so the cards will just play that way. Riley continues to reiterate that his offense isn't pass focused so I think they are going to at least try to run the ball as much or more than we pass. It's annoying that people continually want to peg this offense as pass first when that's not what this staff has done since they have been here. They have run the ball more both years and while we do have a more effective QB now I don't see them abandoning their philosophy. We will just be more deadly when we do throw the ball.

Which will make running the ball much easier.

The passes from Tanner Lee, Patrick O’Brien and Tristan Gebbia weren’t mirages, and Lee showed fans what reporters have seen: that extra oomph on a pass.

Lee was a bit ahead of O’Brien headed into the spring game. But he was a bit better Saturday, and teammates like him. Provided he stays healthy, he’ll be the guy taking snaps against Arkansas State.

That said, O’Brien has grown so much in one year as a player, and he’s coming out of his shell as a personality. Lee has three years on him. O’Brien’s spring camp was more promising than I expected. And Gebbia exceeded Nebraska’s already-high expectations.

“The efficiency of the quarterbacking was good,” Riley said. “I’m proud of that because none of them have played in a game.”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/mckewon-huskers-still-have-to-identify-top-playmakers-but-good/article_f9e44089-6576-5065-996e-e7178b053733.html

• Fire 1

Consider me a convert. The distance between Lee and POB isn't great, in my opinion, but Lee just looks so much more polished as a pure thrower than POB does. That TD throw to Spielman was one of the most gorgeous throws in Memorial Stadium in years. Now, practice is one thing, and using live rounds against teams like Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa will be another, but Lee looks like the man.

I'm still sticking by my prediction that in 2 years, 2 out of the 3 QBs that saw a majority of the time on Saturday won't be at Nebraska.

• Fire 1

Consider me a convert. The distance between Lee and POB isn't great, in my opinion, but Lee just looks so much more polished as a pure thrower than POB does. That TD throw to Spielman was one of the most gorgeous throws in Memorial Stadium in years. Now, practice is one thing, and using live rounds against teams like Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa will be another, but Lee looks like the man.

I'm still sticking by my prediction that in 2 years, 2 out of the 3 QBs that saw a majority of the time on Saturday won't be at Nebraska.

Well... yes, Lee will graduate... and then all you would need is one of the other two to transfer, and considering they both can't win the job... probably?

When Nebraska ran a 65/35 run/pass ratio under Tim Beck and Shawn Watson, a sizable contingent of Huskerboard considered it "pass-happy."

• Fire 1

I think it's a pass-first philosophy. I don't take that to have much to do with pass/run ratio as much as it's pass to set up the run. Which would make sense if Riley learned offense from Norv Turner. Guys like Emmitt Smith and Ladainian Tomlinson did okay in this type of pass-first offense.

• Fire 1

Well... yes, Lee will graduate... and then all you would need is one of the other two to transfer, and considering they both can't win the job... probably?

Which I think is the probable route it's going to go. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on POB transferring.

• Fire 1

Which I think is the probable route it's going to go. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on POB transferring.

What if the guys stick around and be program type players? Why do we have to assume a transfer all the time. Benny Parker could have transferred and didn't, because he loved where he was and stuck it out till the end. it's too easy to give up and transfer in today's world of college sports, and Tom Izzo had a great quote on that. Will it happen? Most likely, but we can worry about that later. Lets enjoy the moment and the fact that we have 4 capable QBs to run the Offense.

• Fire 1

What if the guys stick around and be program type players? Why do we have to assume a transfer all the time. Benny Parker could have transferred and didn't, because he loved where he was and stuck it out till the end. it's too easy to give up and transfer in today's world of college sports, and Tom Izzo had a great quote on that. Will it happen? Most likely, but we can worry about that later. Lets enjoy the moment and the fact that we have 4 capable QBs to run the Offense.

Johnny Stanton, AJ Bush, Brion Carnes, Cody Green, Patrick Witt kind of set a precedent of touted NU QB's transferring. I don't fault anyone for anticipating a transfer by Lee, POB or Gebbia.

Johnny Stanton, AJ Bush, Brion Carnes, Cody Green, Patrick Witt kind of set a precedent of touted NU QB's transferring. I don't fault anyone for anticipating a transfer by Lee, POB or Gebbia.

The bolded doesn't match.

Sue me.

Sue me.

Your name is now Sue.

• Fire 1