Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

May be a long shot but I wouldn't count Gebbia out of the running. POB and TL may be taking a back seat. Not unheard of in this day and age to see a true freshman win the job and shock the world on the field. Not saying Gebbia is Johnny Manziel .... But he could be?

So you're saying Gebbia is actually Manziel in disguise?

He is. And he would have gotten away with it, if not for you meddling kids.

• Fire 2

Both quarterbacks got workouts in over spring break. Patrick O’Brien spent time with Steve Calhoun in Los Angeles and Tanner Lee worked with George Whitfield in San Diego.

Lee is planning to go back to the Archie Manning Camp this spring to get some work in as well.

Woah boy. Whitfield is the great "QB prospect" whisperer for college players seriously looking to going Pro. Don't know if this is good or not, but it definitely won't hurt (Lee).

May be a long shot but I wouldn't count Gebbia out of the running. POB and TL may be taking a back seat. Not unheard of in this day and age to see a true freshman win the job and shock the world on the field. Not saying Gebbia is Johnny Manziel .... But he could be?

So you're saying Gebbia is actually Manziel in disguise?

He is. And he would have gotten away with it, if not for you meddling kids.

It's kinda what I do...

I believe POB worked with Calhoun in highschool.

I see this (with Lee and POB) as nothing but good.

Question is, did you use it as ammunition against Beck when Martinez was doing it? :P

No.

I always thought it was good when QBs get extra training.

Never understood the back lash. Seemed like people just wanted to find a reason to bitch.

• Fire 4

Langsdorf and Riley are doing all the grading, but this reporter’s eyes suggest Lee is a little out in front as a passer — quicker release, stronger arm, slightly better recognition of open receivers — while O’Brien can escape the pocket a little better and is willing to throw the ball downfield. It’s close between the two. I’d be surprised if one outperformed the other by a wide margin in the spring game.

But Lee might be the leader NU’s offense needs. Because it needs leaders.

Lee carries himself like a seasoned vet with teammates, coaches and the press. The offense needs that central, mature core leader as it progresses and incubates the next four months.

OWH