DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

But none of those firings may matter in the end. Yates testified and will do so again if called upon. Meanwhile:

This should be interesting - Sit down and get out the popcorn. :snacks:

We may soon be saying President Pence. Who knows were this will all lead. :dunno

it would be pence.....not sure he is much more aligned with me...but he does seem to be at least capable of making a political move without coming across as a complete a-hole. hopefully he kicks bannon out along with trump if he gets there.

This is bizarro-land stuff. Salter was an aide for John McCain and former McCain speechwriter. He's Republican through-and-through.

It's baffling. Utterly baffling. The behavior of this President is one thing, but the GOP burying their heads in the sand and actively defending this nonsense is what's most disturbing. I will simply never understand it.

• Fire 1

it would be pence.....not sure he is much more aligned with me...but he does seem to be at least capable of making a political move without coming across as a complete a-hole. hopefully he kicks bannon out along with trump if he gets there.

Pence was part of the campaign as his VP. If Trump goes down, there is a chance Pence knew what was going on and he would go down too.

That leaves Ryan as President.

This is bizarro-land stuff. Salter was an aide for John McCain and former McCain speechwriter. He's Republican through-and-through.

trump might just destroy the republican party the way he is going. maybe we can hope he just manages to destroy the extremism that has engulfed it lately.

• Fire 1

Pence was part of the campaign as his VP. If Trump goes down, there is a chance Pence knew what was going on and he would go down too.

That leaves Ryan as President.

ryan might be as bad as trump

Knapp - I'll add to the bizarre- land with this comment/question: Can we have Pres Obama back? :o (ok or at least a redo of the nomination process and get a Kasich/Rubio ticket)

^^^ Get a few more backbones and we may get to the bottom of this. I posted this in the comey thread also

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/10/russia-probe-senate-requests-documents-from-money-laundering-watchdog-agency.html

Russia probe: Senate requests Trump documents from agency that monitors money laundering
  • The Senate Intelligence Committee has requested information about President Donald Trump and his top aides from a financial intelligence unit in the Treasury Department.
  • The agency, known as FinCEN, imposed a $10 million civil penalty on Trump Taj Mahal in 2015 for multiple violations of money-laundering laws.

The Senate panel has requested information about President Donald Trump and his top aides from a financial intelligence unit in the Treasury Department that imposed a $10 million civil penalty on Trump Taj Mahal in 2015 for multiple violations of money-laundering laws.

The Senate Intelligence Committee wants to see any information relevant to its Russia investigation the Treasury agency has gathered, including evidence that might include possible money laundering, according to a committee aide who spoke on condition of anonymity. Also at issue: to what extent, if at all, people close to Vladimir Putin have invested in Trump's real estate empire.

The request, made in recent weeks, comes as part of the Senate's investigation into whether Trump associates colluded with Russian meddling in the U.S. election. The FBI is also investigating that issue, but that probe is now under a cloud after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey.

https://twitter.com/MarkSalter55/status/862370152553349123

Knapp - I'll add to the bizarre- land with this comment/question: Can we have Pres Obama back? :o (ok or at least a redo of the nomination process and get a Kasich/Rubio ticket)
Literally anyone but Trump, Hillary, and Cruz.

The ham-handedness of this is what's so baffling. They truly seem not able to understand how bad it looks that they:

1) Met with the Russian Ambassador in the Oval Office while the investigation is going on

2) They banned American press from the meeting

3) They allowed Russia's state press, TASS, in

4) TASS, unbeknownst to Team Trump, posted photos of the meet & greet

So we can conclude from that:

1) Trump either had no control over when this meeting took place -OR- he doesn't care

2) It was a conscious decision TO include the Russian press

3) It was a conscious decision NOT to include the American press

4) Trump is not in control of his own house (and maybe the Russians are)

If Hillary had done this, the Republicans would be on every news outlet screaming about collusion and pay-to-play, but a Republican does it so.... crickets. Party First.

Oh. Here's why they met during the investigation. Putin said so, and Trump jumped.

Russia’s Oval Office Victory Dance

The cozy meeting between President Trump and Russia’s foreign minister came at Vladimir Putin’s insistence.

When President Donald Trump hosted Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the Oval Office on Wednesday just hours after firing the FBI director who was overseeing an investigation into whether Trump’s team colluded the Russians, he was breaking with recent precedent at the specific request of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The chummy White House visit—photos of the president yukking it up with Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak were released by the Russian Foreign Ministry since no U.S. press was allowed to cover the visit—had been one of Putin’s asks in his recent phone call with Trump, and indeed the White House acknowledged this to me later Wednesday. “He chose to receive him because Putin asked him to,” a White House spokesman said of Trump’s Lavrov meeting. “Putin did specifically ask on the call when they last talked.”

The meeting was Lavrov’s first in the White House since 2013—and came after several years of the Obama administration’s flat-out refusal to grant him an Oval Office audience, two former senior White House officials told me. “The Russians were begging us for years to do that,” one of the former officials said. “They were constantly pushing for it and we were constantly saying no.”

dGHeq8F.jpg
  • Fire 4