DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Again - often the cover up is worse than the crime. Maybe they all knew that Don Jr was in trouble from the get go and that all roads would lead to that meeting at Trump Tower. Thus the hundreds of tweets, denials, firing of Comey, etc are all apart of the 'cover up' to protect Don Jr. If they had come clean at the very beginning, they would have saved the nation (and themselves) a lot of anguish.

I truly don't think he cares about his son enough to put forth that kind of effort.

I think he cares about the Trump name enough to put forth that kind of effort.

• Fire 1

Oh.

FBI in 'pre-dawn raid on ex-Trump chairman Paul Manafort'

The FBI has conducted a pre-dawn raid on the Virginia home of Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort, US media report.

Federal agents are said to have seized files and other material on 26 July, a day after Mr Manafort voluntarily met the Senate Intelligence Committee.

Mr Manafort left the Trump campaign over questions about his foreign ties.

The FBI is leading one of several investigations into alleged Russian meddling in last year's US election.

Special counsel Robert Mueller, who is head of the FBI investigation, left Mr Manafort's home with "various records", the Washington Post reported.

• Fire 1

Can a grand jury issue a search warrant or only a judge?

This would have been a Federal judge. A Federal judge that would not have committed career suicide and issued search warrant without ample evidence to support probable cause.

• Fire 3

My question; so this happened the day after his testimony in front of the senate special investigators. Does Mueller have people on that committee or is there some overlap so that something he heard (or didn't) led him to pull the trigger based on that testimony? I keep hearing it was done because "they had doubts that he was turning everything over".

I thought these investigations were all running parallel, it would make sense if there was some coordination but I didn't know that was allowed.

Can a grand jury issue a search warrant or only a judge?

This would have been a Federal judge. A Federal judge that would not have committed career suicide and issued search warrant without ample evidence to support probable cause.

A pretty good synopsis thread that backs up your thoughts

• Fire 2

My question; so this happened the day after his testimony in front of the senate special investigators. Does Mueller have people on that committee or is there some overlap so that something he heard (or didn't) led him to pull the trigger based on that testimony? I keep hearing it was done because "they had doubts that he was turning everything over".

I thought these investigations were all running parallel, it would make sense if there was some coordination but I didn't know that was allowed.

It may have something to do with the Senate Judiciary Committee issuing a subpoena for a Wednesday meeting and then dropping it Tuesday after meeting with Senate Intelligence Committee. That was when the raids occurred.

Before everyone gets too giddy at the words "probable cause," be aware that we have no idea what that means yet.

This is a months- if not years-long process that won't end anytime soon. Until then, we have to keep resisting the erosion of our American ideals.

This is not normal.

• Fire 1