DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

That Golf.com story from today has me thinking. I can believe, for example, that Trump might've done nothing wrong on Russia but has blustered his way to lies and obstruction of justice because he's simply that incompetent.

Being an inept, naive, and easy mark for the FSB, Russian government, and everybody who butters him up when they talk to him ... these are scandalous qualities in a US President. But they're more of the "Open your eyes and stop voting for such people, America" category than anything else.

On that note, can we all please do that next time?!?...

• Fire 1

Agree zoogs. I've been saying awhile now I don't think he colluded with Russia.

But his ego is so fragile and it hurts his feelings so much that people are saying Russia tried to influence the election that I believe he has obstructed justice just to try to make the story go away.

I can see that he might not have colluded.

But, I believe Donnie jr did and he's too stupid to have realized it was happening.

I believe Kushner realized if immediately and that's why he wanted out of the meeting.

Everything after that has been to protect Donnie jr from himself.

At the very least he tried to.

Again - often the cover up is worse than the crime. Maybe they all knew that Don Jr was in trouble from the get go and that all roads would lead to that meeting at Trump Tower. Thus the hundreds of tweets, denials, firing of Comey, etc are all apart of the 'cover up' to protect Don Jr. If they had come clean at the very beginning, they would have saved the nation (and themselves) a lot of anguish.

Again - often the cover up is worse than the crime. Maybe they all knew that Don Jr was in trouble from the get go and that all roads would lead to that meeting at Trump Tower. Thus the hundreds of tweets, denials, firing of Comey, etc are all apart of the 'cover up' to protect Don Jr. If they had come clean at the very beginning, they would have saved the nation (and themselves) a lot of anguish.

I truly don't think he cares about his son enough to put forth that kind of effort.

• Fire 1

I can see that he might not have colluded.

But, I believe Donnie jr did and he's too stupid to have realized it was happening.

I believe Kushner realized if immediately and that's why he wanted out of the meeting.

Everything after that has been to protect Donnie jr from himself.

This is very plausible and where I'm at with it. At some point in time DJT probably said something along the lines of 'Do whatever it takes to win and nothing is off the table' and Junior ran with it and got played.

• Fire 1