DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

The White House has considerable discretion in directing the priorities of federal government. Not nothing is being done, but not enough is being done. This wouldn’t be true if the president had an interest. No system can be totally insulated from this and we are paying the price for electing this guy president.

• Plus1 1

Too lazy to go find the actual quote.

But Ken Starr says Mueller is overstepping his mandate by looking into Trump's Russian ties before 2016. He says he should only be allowed to look at the 2016 election.

I don't think Starr actually believes that, but you have to be a moron to believe it. If Russia does have something on Trump, and planned things ahead, the only way to find it is to look at things that happened pre-2016.

There's no way Russia didn't come up with a plan to interfere in the election before 2016, and it seems pretty clear to me they planted several people near him, or at the very least had contact and some cooperation with the people near him. With Manafort I find it highly unlikely he's not a plant, given what he did to Ukraine. The FBI needs to find out whether Trump was aware of that plan and the stuff before 2016 absolutely could be related to the election.

Edited by Moiraine
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Too lazy to go find the actual quote.

But Ken Starr says Mueller is overstepping his mandate by looking into Trump's Russian ties before 2016. He says he should only be allowed to look at the 2016 election.

I don't think Starr actually believes that, but you have to be a moron to believe it. If Russia does have something on Trump, and planned things ahead, the only way to find it is to look at things that happened pre-2016.

There's no way Russia didn't come up with a plan to interfere in the election before 2016, and it seems pretty clear to me they planted several people near him, or at the very least had contact and some cooperation with the people near him. With Manafort I find it highly unlikely he's not a plant, given what he did to Ukraine. The FBI needs to find out whether Trump was aware of that plan and the stuff before 2016 absolutely could be related to the election.

1 hour ago, commando said:

ken star...the same guy who was looking into clintons business dealings and came up with monica lewinsky

Whitewater: 1970s & 1980s

Alleged Paula Jones harassment: 1991

Vince Foster's death: 1993

Monica Lewinsky: 1995 & 1996

Ken Starr: Appointed to investigate Whitewater in 1994.

Ken Starr investigated all of the above.

What in the blue blazes is he talking about.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Has anyone wondered during any of this if it's bad that the media is reporting all of it?

I mean, the media is where Trump gets all his information. Once he's mad enough at what Mueller's investigating, he's going to fire him.

Does he consume media from outlets that give it any attention?

Are there ANY posters here who are Trump fans, who voted for him, or who are even attempting to be objective? If not, that’s sad.

Is there any evidence that Trump or anyone from his campaign collided with Russia to fix the election?

Have any of Mueller’s charges had anything to do with Trump or anyone from the campaign colluding with Russia?

So far this resembles Stalin’s henchman Beria’s quote, “Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime.”