DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Is he dumb or does he think we are? They would have enough votes to make Trump's signature a non issue.

Cornyn, in his role as whip, said he didn't know yet if he'd support holding a Senate floor vote on the legislation and that he wanted to read it. 

"The biggest question I have is if it did pass, would the President sign it? I think it's unlikely he would and, as I've said, I don't think it's necessary," Cornyn said.
Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Is he dumb or does he think we are? They would have enough votes to make Trump's signature a non issue.

They'd have to get it through the House.

Absent Ryan's leadership on the issue (let's be honest, neither he nor McConnell are going to move on this), I don't know if there are enough responsible moderate Rs to get it through.

27 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

They'd have to get it through the House.

Absent Ryan's leadership on the issue (let's be honest, neither he nor McConnell are going to move on this), I don't know if there are enough responsible moderate Rs to get it through.

Maybe not. They'd need around 25% of the Republicans to vote on it.

They should still do it to send a message. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Maybe not. They'd need around 25% of the Republicans to vote on it.

They should still do it to send a message. 

Absolutely. Sounds like it is headed for a committee vote. If it passes out of committee, it would be on McConnell to put it up for a vote.

Not going to hold my breath. He'll just continue telling us there's no need for it because Trump won't do anything. 

McConnell will be telling us Trump couldn't possibly do any harm until we're all in the shadow of the falling nukes...

29 minutes ago, commando said:

can we not paint them as crime bosses?   

Who's doing that? They just get talked about as if they are morally pure, let's just remember they are human and have made mistakes in the recent past. Some that many considered egregious at the time.

Edited by ZRod
  • Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Who's doing that? They just get talked about as if they are morally pure, let's just remember they are human and have made mistakes in the recent past  some that many considered egregious at the time.

trump and his cabal at fox news are.  that is what people are replying to.

• Plus1 1