DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

Ok, so we know that if Trump fires Mueller, or Rosenstein or etc they investigations likely go on with the respective state DA's and that Congress would either hire Mueller back or come November things get back on track.  

BUT, (and I know this is dark, but it is a question I have).  If Trump passes away before leaving office do they continue on til the end? I assume so, and certainly there are a number of other folks who will be imprisoned due to the investigation.

I heard a pundit the other day say that he felt there was a tiny chance that before turning the report over to congress Mueller might offer Trump the chance to resign before he disclosed some terrible stuff.  Personally I can't believe he'd do it, nor do I think Don accepts - his ego still has him thinking he can beat this or get people so distracted that it never comes to an end.

Meanwhile, while he was doing his gangsta hand shaking/cigar smokin' moves - his lawyer was getting read the riot act by a judge because of the BS he was putting forth to try and get him off.  Tony I mean Michael didn't even bother to show up.

It's pretty obvious to me that he was told to not worry about things when he talked with Don on the phone.  What the prison sentence for the state crimes vs. those he's going to get pardoned for?

12 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

And I'm not the only one that sees it that way.

it is rather obvious that is the plan.   they don't care if they are seen hanging out with russian mafia types since they plan to use pardons liberally.  heck...they are trolling america by filming and posting that for all to see how little they care that people know about them.  they think they are above the law.  

Edited by commando
  • Plus1 1

There was also reporting by the Times that Trump views the raid on Cohen and the fact he's under criminal investigation as a more serious threat than the Mueller investigation. 

I'm not sure why Cohen was celebrating. Either he's trying to put on a brave face or he's just stupid. The state of NY is going to hammer him.

Here's an interesting piece by the New Yorker on why the raid and Cohen getting shoved under the spotlight could be very, very bad for Trump:

• Plus1 1