DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not going to go there because many of us would defend our parents too.  However, it is stupid for them to do it in a public forum like Twitter.

The families of people like this are put in a very difficult situation.

I agree that many of us would have a hard time not defending our parents (in this case, honestly I can't say I'd do it however - an international issue, enemy of the state level stuff) but most parents would make sure that their children don't do or say anything in public that might put them (the kids) at risk, never mind the evidence it adds to the dad's issues.  It's a spoiled, bratty, egotistical move by someone who thinks he is invincible. (imo)

If I was a Flynn or Trump kid I'd be quietly changing my name and going underground for awhile.

• Plus1 1

I don't know Flynn's background but kids raised in a situation like Trump's have almost no chance of being normal.

I just read this story about these 2 Korean women whose father owns a big airline and they have no sense of reality. One of them got an international flight sent back to the gate and delayed 20 minutes because her peanuts were served in a bag instead of a porcelain bowl.

18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't know Flynn's background but kids raised in a situation like Trump's have almost no chance of being normal.

I just read this story about these 2 Korean women whose father owns a big airline and they have no sense of reality. One of them got an international flight sent back to the gate and delayed 20 minutes because her peanuts were served in a bag instead of a porcelain bowl.

It can be done.  Here is a great article on the Rockefellers and how they have been able to maintain a level of normalcy through generations.

Just like in poor families, in rich families there are both bad parents and good parents.  It really comes down to the values that are instilled in the family.  I'm pretty sure I know the types of values Donny Jr, Eric, Ivanka and Barron have grown up with.

4 secrets to raising wealthy kids, according to the billionaire Rockefeller family

6 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Did I read that right? When  Mueller is done with the investigation,  he turns his findings over to Ronstein, would could decide to bury the whole thing, and keep it quiet ? Why is that even an option ? Ridiculous !

On the same day that the majority House Intelligence Committee releases this report, the NY Times drops this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/27/us/natalya-veselnitskaya-trump-tower-russian-prosecutor-general.html

he Russian lawyer who met with Trump campaign officials in Trump Tower in June 2016 on the premise that she would deliver damaging information about Hillary Clinton has long insisted she is a private attorney, not a Kremlin operative trying to meddle in the presidential election.

But newly released emails show that in at least one instance two years earlier, the lawyer, Natalia V. Veselnitskaya, worked hand in glove with Russia’s chief legal office to thwart a Justice Department civil fraud case against a well-connected Russian firm.

“I am a lawyer, and I am an informant,” she said. “Since 2013, I have been actively communicating with the office of the Russian prosecutor general.”

The most interesting players in this whole thing are still the Fusion GPS people.  They were working with Natalia V. Veselnitskaya on the Prevezon case so had some good contacts with Russia, makes the Steele Dossier look even more credible in my mind.  

• Plus1 1

I guess Cohen has in hands in everything

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TRUMP_PERSONAL_ATTORNEY?SITE=TXMCA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2018-04-27-10-32-08

NEW YORK (AP) -- President Donald Trump's personal attorney, whose business dealings are being investigated by the FBI, and the lawyer's father-in-law have lent $26 million in recent years to a taxi mogul who is shifting into the legalized marijuana industry, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

Semyon "Sam" Shtayner, a longtime business associate of Michael Cohen's father-in-law, created Nevada-based Cannaboss LLC the day before the 2016 election. A few months later, he took a majority position in a company that is provisionally licensed to cultivate medicinal marijuana and produce edibles, the records show.

"He personally manages over 500 taxi medallions, but he is looking to transition from the medallion business to the cannibas (sic)," according to the personal narrative Shtayner submitted last October to city officials in Henderson, Nevada, that was obtained by the AP under the state's public records law.

It's not clear whether Shtayner used any of the loans - $6 million of which have come directly from Cohen since 2014 - to finance his grow operation.

Earlier this month, FBI agents searched Cohen's hotel, office and home seeking banking records, as well as records related to his dealings in the taxi industry, people familiar with the probe told the AP, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the ongoing investigation.

Public records show the Ukraine-born Shtayner, 63, his wife and companies they control have used their properties in Chicago and Sunny Isles, Florida, as collateral for the loans from Cohen and his father-in-law, Fima Shusterman.

"It would seem very hard to obstruct justice for a crime that never happened." -Trump

How much of a moron do you have to be to think this?

If you try to stop people whose job it is to decide innocence or guilt, you've obstructed justice regardless of whether or not you're guilty of a crime.

Trump has tweeted repeatedly that he wants the investigation to stop, and any attempts to force it to stop (e.g. firing Comey? he's admitted at least once it was because of the investigation) are obstruction even if he is innocent of the topic of the investigation.

I've said it many times - I don't think Trump colluded. I think the investigation hurt(s) his ego and because of that he obstructed justice.

• Plus1 2