DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

17 minutes ago, khaake said:

I think that is the common perception, but generally speaking it doesn't hold a lot of water. Here is the wikipedia list of their publications: Wikileaks Publications

Assange is bizarrely pro-Democrat when it comes to American politics. But his reasoning is convoluted.

In Leaked Chats, WikiLeaks Discusses Preference for GOP Over Clinton

On a Thursday afternoon in November 2015, a light snow was falling outside the windows of the Ecuadorian embassy in London, despite the relatively warm weather, and Julian Assange was inside, sitting at his computer and pondering the upcoming 2016 presidential election in the United States.

In little more than a year, WikiLeaks would be engulfed in a scandal over how it came to publish internal emails that damaged Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, and the extent to which it worked with Russian hackers or Donald Trump’s campaign to do so. But in the fall of 2015, Trump was polling at less than 30 percent among Republican voters, neck-and-neck with neurosurgeon Ben Carson, and Assange spoke freely about why WikiLeaks wanted Clinton and the Democrats to lose the election.

“We believe it would be much better for GOP to win,” he typed into a private Twitter direct message group to an assortment of WikiLeaks’ most loyal supporters on Twitter. “Dems+Media+liberals woudl then form a block to reign in their worst qualities,” he wrote. “With Hillary in charge, GOP will be pushing for her worst qualities., dems+media+neoliberals will be mute.” He paused for two minutes before adding, “She’s a bright, well connected, sadistic sociopath.”

There's more from the chat in the link.  He didn't like Clinton, but felt more of an affinity to liberal politics, and thought that a GOP president would solidify the liberals into a more effective curb on Republican misdeeds around the world.

It's a pretty odd way of going about promoting a liberal agenda.

Personally, I think Putin and other world leaders found Assange to be a useful idiot in their anti-American agenda. He helped them get Trump elected, which has had a disastrous effect on America's standing in the world, our economic viability, our political influence, and our standing with our allies.  Assange may not have wanted any/all of that, but the chess players found him to be a useful pawn to those ends.

And here we are.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

On 4/11/2019 at 11:12 AM, khaake said:

Good questions. For what it is worth the stated reason for the US extraditing Assange is due to activities in 2010 - not the Clinton email case.
This was part of it.

I understand. I’m not too hung up on which situation he is being extradited for. 

The problem in these situations is that so many people only want someone prosecuted when they do something they don’t like to their political side. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Hopefully you understood the line "Mexico will pay for the wall" was a lie from the get-go, then.

Or the claimTrump can't release his tax returns due to a non-existent audit.

And so on and so forth.

I sure do and Mexico is paying for it with the favorable new North American Trade Agreement which benefiting us all and creating much more tax revenue and jobs with business returning to our country.  Oh and by the way I also remember the term "You can Keep Your Doctor and Your Healthcare Plan". How'd that work out for the American people.

Just now, MNBigRedNorth said:

I sure do and Mexico is paying for it with the favorable new North American Trade Agreement which benefiting us all and creating much more tax revenue and jobs with business returning to our country.  Oh and by the way I also remember the term "You can Keep Your Doctor and Your Healthcare Plan". How'd that work out for the American people.

you do know that new north american trade agreement hasn't been ratified by anyone yet...right?   all those favorable new benefits we are reaping are us still using the old nafta

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Right and wrong is subjective.  You can tell a person who is in a cult they are in one and that they are wrong on many levels all day...but they won't see it until they are ready.

I'll let you in on a secret though...and it's something that you're NOT doing. 

You're not good at playing devils advocate and people who are good at playing devils advocate are on a whole much more knowledgeable on a wider variety of subjects.  Thus, your comments come off as close minded, lacking knowledge and in some cases, frenetic.

Keep in mind,

• I don't support the left and I don't support the right. 
  • I didn't vote for Obama, I didn't support Hillary
  • I don't support Trump any longer. 
  • I'm a veteran and have fought for the country. 

I hate that I have to say this with almost every reply to you...but if I don't, you'll just close your mind off and dismiss me like you've done countless times in this thread.  That just shows you what you do with opinions that don't agree with yours.  You ignore them instead of investigating their truthfulness in true devils advocate fashion.  I say this because you've ignored previous discussion from me.

Quite honestly, I'm sorry if I missed something that you were looking for a response from me.  During my work day I have a few windows of opportunity from time to time see what's going on.  I seem to be one of the very few people here that has the views I have.  For that reason I'm a one man army up against 7-8 other posters wanting me to respond.  Now that is not an excuse, just what has happened.  PM me with what I missed, and I'll answer it in the open forum here.  Sorry.  Also I understand your point on devils advocate,  have used in the past, not much here though!

8 minutes ago, commando said:

you do know that new north american trade agreement hasn't been ratified by anyone yet...right?   all those favorable new benefits we are reaping are us still using the old nafta

It will be after President Trump wins in a landslide election and takes the house back.  It is in effect now though as we speak! His executive order is in effect as long as he is in office.

Just now, MNBigRedNorth said:

It will be after President Trump wins in a landslide election and takes the house back.  It is in effect now though as we speak! His executive order is in effect as long as he is in office.

trumps executive orders covers canada and mexico?   and as far as i know he hasn't issued an executitve order on this...but if he has we are the only country operating under the "new' nafta rather than the old nafta.   

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who is lying?  Trump or his AG?

6 minutes ago, commando said:

both 

Your talk now means absolutely nothing.  Can you guys what until Barr releases the report.  And remember he is not going to break the law and release what he legally can't.  Can't wait for President Trump to declassify the whole FISA load of crap too! Don't you want to know who and why someone was spying on President Trumps campaign team?