DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, commando said:
is the far right coup of america reaching the final stages?

If it isn't already too late, people have to vote these a**holes out in 2018 and 2020. The longer the GOP, is in charge the harder they'll make it for Democrats to win any elections. They'll have shorter voting times in highly populated areas, more ID laws and increases in the cost of IDs in poor/populated areas, more extreme gerrymandering, more and worse lies by Fox News, more tearing down the media that's telling the truth, more power of voting commissions that use hearsay as evidence, less non-Partisan bodies like the CBO, etc. The many can be ruled by the few. It's happened plenty of times before.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1

As Sgt Shultz would say, "This is very interesting."    Bannon taking aim at his former boss and the campaign leadership and admin as a whole.

If Bannon is saying the below, who knows what all Mueller has in his files.   Doesn't look good for Don Jr or for Trump in the long run.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff

Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

The meeting was revealed by the New York Times in July last year, prompting Trump Jr to say no consequential material was produced. Soon after, Wolff writes, Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers.

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad s#!t, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”

Bannon also speculated that Trump Jr had involved his father in the meeting. “The chance that Don Jr did not walk these jumos up to his father’s office on the twenty-sixth floor is zero.”

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to f... Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”

Last month it was reported that federal prosecutors had subpoenaed records from Deutsche Bank, the German financial institution that has lent hundreds of millions of dollars to the Kushner property empire. Bannon continues: “It goes through Deutsche Bank and all the Kushner s#!t. The Kushner s#!t is greasy. They’re going to go right through that. They’re going to roll those two guys up and say play me or trade me.”

Scorning apparent White House insouciance, Bannon reaches for a hurricane metaphor: “They’re sitting on a beach trying to stop a Category Five.”

• Plus1 1

^^^^  Trump's response to the above "Bannon has lost his mind".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-03/trump-says-bannon-lost-his-mind-after-leaving-white-house

President Donald Trump denounced his former top strategist, Steve Bannon, on Wednesday, saying that he ‘lost his mind’ after leaving the White House last summer.

“When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind,” Trump said of Bannon in a statement the White House issued. “Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look.”

The statement represented an emphatic break from the person considered the architect of Trump’s presidential campaign. Bannon continued to enjoy access to the president after he left the White House, but that has ended, one person familiar with the matter said.

16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Eric Trump  - Ellen Degeneres - a part of the deep state.   Ok now that we got that cleared up, lets worry about

the price of eggs in China or maybe BANNON'S STATEMENT OF TREASON GOING ON IN TRUMP TOWER.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/eric-trump-ellen-degeneres-deep-state/2018/01/03/id/834901/

Come on...give him a little slack.  I'm sure he is still traumatized by someone in the media cursing about his daddy.  

The sitting AG tried to slander the FBI director because his boss didn't like his testimony.

Sessions sent an aide to ask a Capitol Hill staffer if they could dig up one negative article a day. This was after Comey's testimony infuriated Trump, who in turn lambasted Sessions, and mere days before Comey was dismissed.

Breathtakingly underhanded. Sessions tried to hatchet Comey to please Trump.

Jeff Sessions is garbage.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I'm skeptical that Mueller gets a face-to-face interview. Just doesn't seem like anything Trump would ever agree to, and would do anything possible to avoid.

I agree.  Especially when his lawyers would be telling him to shut up and not be his over blown self promoting idiot and he has to actually tell the truth or he is big big trouble.

I actually could see him resigning before that happens.