ESPN's Black Wednesday

I wonder if this will kill the 94-95 Huskers 30-for-30.

It's already in production, and I think ESPN has good ratings on their 30 for 30s.

I think you're right. I think it's mostly done, and it should get pretty good ratings, so you'd think they'd finish it up and air it.

I don't watch ESPN unless there is a game on. I don't watch Fox Sports unless its Cowherd's show. Once our contract is up with DISH were going to rid ourselves of it and use Hulu and our Xbox as the main tv.

Just need to cut back on stuff. TV was the first at the list, both for time and financial decisions

I don't watch ESPN unless there is a game on. I don't watch Fox Sports unless its Cowherd's show. Once our contract is up with DISH were going to rid ourselves of it and use Hulu and our Xbox as the main tv.

Just need to cut back on stuff. TV was the first at the list, both for time and financial decisions

We did the same. Cable/Satellite is outrageous and the first thing to cut. We've gotten along just fine with Netflix, Amazon & a digital antenna for going on two years.

• Fire 1

They have hired many team/conference bloggers over the last 5ish years for both NFL/CFB who are being let go as well. Those guys are great during the season, but in the off-season they offer little value. I mean how many articles do you need about each teams x-factor or best/worst case for the coming season.

Also looks like the gutted the online presence for the NHL.

We did the same. Cable/Satellite is outrageous and the first thing to cut. We've gotten along just fine with Netflix, Amazon & a digital antenna for going on two years.

I remember you talking about the antenna at one point and I remember thinking how much it would suck. Now I'm to the point of realization that paying TV in general is kind of the sh!ts. Just not worth it.

My time is worth more than sitting in front of the tv so I can't justify paying 120 a month when I don't even use it.

Told my wife to get prepared for antenna

They have hired many team/conference bloggers over the last 5ish years for both NFL/CFB who are being let go as well. Those guys are great during the season, but in the off-season they offer little value. I mean how many articles do you need about each teams x-factor or best/worst case for the coming season.

Also looks like the gutted the online presence for the NHL.

I questioned why ESPN would hire a guy like Mitch Sherman (who was at the OWH). Nothing against Mitch, as he is a very good reporter. But, when he was originally hired by ESPN, he was to cover recruiting, but he eventually turned into an ESPN beat writer for Nebraska. I know Mitch has moved on to cover the entire Big 12 now, but I didn't understand why ESPN would want all these local guys on their payroll. I guess it was an attempt to grow, but people still preferred their local writers and media coverage.