The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

27 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Here it is.  Today the activity was around Bernie & Yang by Russian bots.  

They are very focused in bringing the drama to us so that we destroy ourselves.  If you put your head in the sand and act as if they arent' able to impact our elections by using tactics that worked for them in 2016 as well as new ones we're in trouble.  They are using many assets.

Isn't turning against Tulsi because of the Russian bots exactly the drama the Russians are trying to achieve? If you want to lessen their influence, stop listening to them.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Isn't turning against Tulsi because of the Russian bots exactly the drama the Russians are trying to achieve? If you want to lessen their influence, stop listening to them.

The thing is, if you remember from 2016 - the extra attention gets her extra coverage in the media, more donations online, more opportunity to speak her views (which just happen to align to talking points that are from other, more dictatorship like governments).  The biggest impact this had in 2016 was voters not going to the polls because they didn't think their votes mattered based on what they were hearing and seeing.

I don't listen to them - my concern is how many do or are influenced by them whether they realize it or not, and whether they take action on it or not.  Just look at how long this discussion has gone on about it here - she's not a strong candidate, and without this weeks' amplification thanks to Hilary, she would have likely fallen out of the race in the near term.  

BUT - I do think Hillary calling out a potential move to a 3rd party in order to keep running once another Dem wins the party's nomination is one way to try and keep Tulsi accountable to not do exactly that.  What would be disliked more than her proving Hilary right yet again about Russian influence?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

The thing is, if you remember from 2016 - the extra attention gets her extra coverage in the media, more donations online, more opportunity to speak her views (which just happen to align to talking points that are from other, more dictatorship like governments).  The biggest impact this had in 2016 was voters not going to the polls because they didn't think their votes mattered based on what they were hearing and seeing.

I don't listen to them - my concern is how many do or are influenced by them whether they realize it or not, and whether they take action on it or not.  Just look at how long this discussion has gone on about it here - she's not a strong candidate, and without this weeks' amplification thanks to Hilary, she would have likely fallen out of the race in the near term.  

BUT - I do think Hillary calling out a potential move to a 3rd party in order to keep running once another Dem wins the party's nomination is one way to try and keep Tulsi accountable to not do exactly that.  What would be disliked more than her proving Hilary right yet again about Russian influence?

All Clinton mentioning it did was make it more likely that she runs as a 3rd party candidate and has some success at it.

• Plus1 1

Just some light reading on Tulsi Gabbard, courtesy of Preech on Reddit.

LINK

Here are some things people need to know about Tulsi Gabbard:

•  

• Plus1 1

Just a friendly reminder as all you lefties are chewing up your political opponents, dividing the Left is a key part of Putin's plan to get Trump reelected.

He wants you to rip each other apart in the primaries, so much so that you become disaffected when your candidate doesn't win and you don't vote for the one who does.

As we saw in 2016, it doesn't take many people to either not vote or vote 3rd party out of spite. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just a friendly reminder as all you lefties are chewing up your political opponents, dividing the Left is a key part of Putin's plan to get Trump reelected.

He wants you to rip each other apart in the primaries, so much so that you become disaffected when your candidate doesn't win and you don't vote for the one who does.

As we saw in 2016, it doesn't take many people to either not vote or vote 3rd party out of spite. 

I don't get it. I consider myself a lefty, but I could find a way to be happy with *almost* any candidate running.

I'm not going to go out of my way to spend my time pointing out the flaws and complaining about specific candidates. I don't see the point in that :dunno

18 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I don't get it. I consider myself a lefty, but I could find a way to be happy with *almost* any candidate running.

I'm not going to go out of my way to spend my time pointing out the flaws and complaining about specific candidates. I don't see the point in that :dunno

Ditto.

(edit - except I'm no fan of Tulsi - but she's no Dem)

9 hours ago, knapplc said:

The democratic establishment and corporate media do a better job of that than any of us here on huskerboard could ever do. 

When Anderson Cooper asks Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar if they are okay with 30,000 people dying from lack of healthcare or if they are okay with 500,000 people going bankrupt every year instead of asking Sanders and Warren how they will pay for it in every debate then I will get on board. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Because choosing a s#!tty candidate ends up putting people like DT in the white house. If people dont know things like, oh lets say Warren is waffling on MFA and healthcrae is your number one issue, then whats the point of a primary? Will I vote for Warren if shes the nominee? Yes. But voters deserve to know the differences between her and Biden. Or her and Sanders. And there are a lot of differences between these candidates. 

• Plus1 1