The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

30 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Isn't this kind of a unsubstantiated  charge??

Not with the documented increases in Russian bot activity and other stuff that (I think it was) the government agencies have tracked.  I posted 5-6 articles about it to ASPU a few days ago.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Good lord talk about disrespecting a US veteran. Clinton needs  to go away and never been seen or heard from again. She will not run third party. 

Why does it matter whether she’s a veteran or not?

I haven’t read any of the stuff on this but I get tired of people using “he/she is a veteran” to try to defend them or suggest they’re immune to scrutiny, unless the subject is related to one of their areas of expertise.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Why does it matter whether she’s a veteran or not?

I haven’t read any of the stuff on this but I get tired of people using “he/she is a veteran” to try to defend them or suggest they’re immune to scrutiny, unless the subject is related to one of their areas of expertise.

to suggest she is a Russian asset when she fought for this country is assinine. If you want to get after her because of her policies Im all for it. But this isnt about that. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

They're saying Russia is using her to prop her up to distract people from other candidates...not that she's willing.

Exactly - an asset can be willing or unwilling.  They may know or not know.  An agent is an active, engaged participant.  Very, very different.

And to say that someone who served this country in the military can not be knowingly or unknowingly turned is pretty ignorant.  The most recent one that pops into my mind is General Michael Flynn (knowingly), and there are a lot of other examples.  It's why compromat is so valuable to our enemies.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Exactly - an asset can be willing or unwilling.  They may know or not know.  An agent is an active, engaged participant.  Very, very different.

And to say that someone who served this country in the military can not be knowingly or unknowingly turned is pretty ignorant.  The most recent one that pops into my mind is General Michael Flynn (knowingly), and there are a lot of other examples.  It's why compromat is so valuable to our enemies.  

I'm not a supporter of Tulsi, but her being a Russian asset needs a whole lot more than some random claims. I've haven't seen any evidence at all. And the fact that she's still in the reserves means the military has a vested interest in whether she's an asset.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Well actual evidence in the form of links to articles was posted previously by someone.  They were reputable about the Russian bot activity that was pushing Tulsi as a candidate.  So there actually was evidence of Russia using her in their ads.

EDIT:  Some more evidence of Russian involvement...fake bot tweets trying to use misinformation...

Overnight on Twitter, #IamTulsi went viral saying that Hillary smeared her by saying she is a traitor.  NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED.

Remember, "asset" is subjective here...it doesn't mean she's in the know, it means she's being used.

So, Russian twitter bot activity caused this to become a thing.  Now people think Hillary Clinton accused her of treason...when what actually happened is she said

Which has NOTHING to do with calling her a traitor or calling her service out or anything of the sort.

and the article she said it in:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/politics/hillary-clinton-tulsi-gabbard/index.html

Problem is, this is being discussed as though tulsi is bad because she was a Russian asset. 

If she didn’t know or pursue Russian involvement in her campaign, how is this an indictment of her?

What if Russia all of a sudden decided to promote Bernie or EW?  Should people start not liking them because of it?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Well actual evidence in the form of links to articles was posted previously by someone.  They were reputable about the Russian bot activity that was pushing Tulsi as a candidate.  So there actually was evidence of Russia using her in their ads.

EDIT:  Some more evidence of Russian involvement...fake bot tweets trying to use misinformation...

Overnight on Twitter, #IamTulsi went viral saying that Hillary smeared her by saying she is a traitor.  NOTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENED.

Remember, "asset" is subjective here...it doesn't mean she's in the know, it means she's being used.

So, Russian twitter bot activity caused this to become a thing.  Now people think Hillary Clinton accused her of treason...when what actually happened is she said

Which has NOTHING to do with calling her a traitor or calling her service out or anything of the sort.

and the article she said it in:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/politics/hillary-clinton-tulsi-gabbard/index.html

From my post a week ago.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Problem is, this is being discussed as though tulsi is bad because she was a Russian asset. 

If she didn’t know or pursue Russian involvement in her campaign, how is this an indictment of her?

What if Russia all of a sudden decided to promote Bernie or EW?  Should people start not liking them because of it?

Here it is.  Today the activity was around Bernie & Yang by Russian bots.  

They are very focused in bringing the drama to us so that we destroy ourselves.  If you put your head in the sand and act as if they arent' able to impact our elections by using tactics that worked for them in 2016 as well as new ones we're in trouble.  They are using many assets.

For those who support her, what are your thoughts on her appearances on the Tucker Carlson show?

• Plus1 3