The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

36 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

People can post and complain about what Biden and/or Hunter may have or are alleged to have done, but in the CONTEXT of the inevitable election between Biden and Trump:

1.  Complaining about Biden's sexual assault accusation doesn't hold water, because Trump has about 12 of his own.

2.  Complaining about Hunter's cushy board gig with Burisma and whatever else he benefited from doesn't hold water because the Trump's have essentially written the Book on Nepotism. 

Call it two bad candidates or whatever you want, but complaining about one when the other's done the same or worse is just silly.

Now unless you have new EVIDENCE of something illegal (that hasn't been reported already) regarding either 1 or 2 with either candidate, please just find something more constructive to b!^@h about.

People don't hold Trump and Biden to the same standard. And it sucks. And if it gets the former re-elected I'm going to be pissed.

As if we can all sit around and all feel good about how high-minded and conscientious we are if Biden loses in part because we imply a set of ethical standards on him that is not applied to Trump. The consequences are still real and none of us get bonus points for expecting more from Biden.

5 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

People don't hold Trump and Biden to the same standard. And it sucks. And if it gets the former re-elected I'm going to be pissed.

As if we can all sit around and all feel good about how high-minded and conscientious we are if Biden loses in part because we imply a set of ethical standards on him that is not applied to Trump. The consequences are still real and none of us get bonus points for expecting more from Biden.

The people not holding Trump and Biden to the same standard are those pointing out the flaws of the opposing candidate while ignoring the same flaws in their preferred candidate.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Ahnold is good at the narrow range of characters he can play.  I loved the first half of TRM, the 2nd half got too looney toons.  Didn't Jim Brown suddenly burst out of the backfield? 

Because neither candidate is especially well liked, this is an election that 3rd or 4th parties could seriously mess up.  Although probably not with the names that are floating about this week.

Yep he sure did. I believe he was equipped with a pretty nasty flamethrower as "Fireball." Richard Dawson played a great heel in that movie.

Also, to this day, my favorite Christmas movie and one that must be watched every year per tradition remains "Jingle All the Way."

10 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I get wanting to vote for Biden over Trump because Trump is worse, but can we at least take a look at the media failing to even ask basic questions:

Maybe it's because they've done their research on Reade and have determined her story lacks the kind of credibility that would require a response from Biden.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The article I posted yesterday pretty much shoots her story down, so now the tactic is to ignore all that evidence and demand Biden get on camera to respond. This is becoming more and more obviously a smear campaign than a MeToo campaign.

Spoken like a man who knows he has outside help to hack the election.

Remember 2012 when Karl Rove on Fox adamantly refused to believe that Obama had won reelection, so much so that they had to force him to look at the map?  Rove seemed to clearly believe the fix was in and that there was no way Obama could win.

Something about electronic voting machines in Ohio or Kentucky or something played a role in that.

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Maybe it's because they've done their research on Reade and have determined her story lacks the kind of credibility that would require a response from Biden.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The article I posted yesterday pretty much shoots her story down, so now the tactic is to ignore all that evidence and demand Biden get on camera to respond. This is becoming more and more obviously a smear campaign than a MeToo campaign.

It is interesting that the crazy MeToo'ers are not out in full force over this...but we know why.  

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

People can complain about Biden's sexual assault and not Trumps if they want to man...the two are not mutually inclusive. 

You can't declare a false dilemma (where only 2 options exist...talk about Trump AND Biden or don't talk all) and make it truth. 

That's not how these things work.  It's how you might want them to work, but it's not how the actually work.

Sure. You can complain about it or whatever else you want to for that matter.  

But what exactly is the point if Trump allegedly has done the same or worse?  It sure comes off as holding each candidate to a different standard.  Why does Trump get a pass?  

I’ll just say that from someone who’s pretty neutral on Biden, this Biden slamming from known Bernie supporters, sure looks like sour grapes.  

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

As stated above, the two are not mutually inclusive NOR are they mutually exclusive.

We can talk about both, one, or none if we want to.  It doesn't mean a standard is being held up to one candidate and not the other if we don't talk about the other.  You insisting it is true is committing a false dilemma fallacy of logic and is blatantly false.

So you’re ok with Trump’s double digit  rape/SA allegations, but not Biden’s single one.  

• Plus1 2

Most of us can't remember the exact timeline of everything we did yesterday...let alone 20 years ago during a traumatic event. 

And the idea that "research" was done without questioning the lady and the man involved...is crazy.  That is not research...that is guessing.  This is not a high school english paper over To Kill a Mockingbird.  

• Plus1 2

Because of Biden's perceived weaknesses - cognitive decline, sexual accusations, lack of excitement by Dem voters, etc- different 'trial balloons' have been floated.  Should Michelle be his running mate?, should Cuomo replace him somehow at the top of the ticket?, etc???.  Well, here is an OP-Ed that says Hillary is waiting in the wings ready for the call.  Whether at the top of the ticket or as his VP with the idea Biden would 'step down' before the election and Hillary would move to the top. 

Wild speculation.  I'm sure don't want a rerun of 2016.  I want the Dems to get their act together and make sure they clear the WH of the current occupant.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/495371-as-biden-struggles-hillary-waits-for-the-call

• Plus1 1

Big, big long thread doing a deep dive into the people behind the Reade allegation(s).

First tweet:

The whole thread unwrapped:

Chris Coons says in televised interview that he stands with Biden, that the allegation has been investigated thoroughly and found to be not credible.

He is correct.
Coons joins Pelosi, Abrams, Gillibrand, Klobuchar, Whitmer, and others who are standing by Biden against the smear campaign cooked up between Nathan Robinson and Ryan Grim.
As you can see here: ImageImageImageImage
And as you can see here, where on March 26th, Robinson tweets "Joe Biden will not be the Democratic nominee", and immediately goes full blast into pushing the smear:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200326151752/https://twitter.com/nathanjrobinson/status/1243191905523040258
And also these, where Tara repeatedly makes political threats: ImageImageImage
The police report she filed, which does not name Biden, and was moved to inactive (meaning they found nothing): Image
The tweets Nathan Robinson deleted wherein he admits he coached the brother to change his story (the brother had never heard about any assault until conveniently this spring): Image
Tara has a nasty habit of editing her own articles to suit her narrative as time goes on, as evidenced here:

And evidenced here as well:

Robinson admits *in his own articles* that he tells Tara and those in her orbit what to say, to which outlets, and when:

The excerpt of the ABC News article where the brother admits he had never heard of any "assault" until spring of this year.

Mighty convenient and hardly corroboration.

And here is the animal rescue Tara defrauded and stuck with thousands of dollars worth of her *own bills* before she fled to Georgia (they're nice, you should follow them):

Here is a list of people you should follow who have been debunking this hit job, alongside myself:

@KHiveQueenBee @FliedGaff @KassandraSeven @SallyAlbright @agraybee @Wilson__Valdez @thankful4biden
There are other things too, like Tara being taken to court by her landlord for somehow refusing to pay *12 grand* in rent, as seen here:

And as seen here:

And here as well:

Krystal Ball, one of the main pushers of this smear, shows just how fraudulent it is with this tweet, where she attempts to extort the campaign:

Tara has been sued many, many times over her scams and grifts.

She's changed her name at least 4 times.

Every time she gets caught, she flees to another state.
I personally do not have it, but @thankful4biden can furnish it upon request:

Tara once sued people for claiming she was being discriminated against for being white.

And that's not the only thing.

She also ran a fake non-profit that had it's status revoked by the IRS.
She also ran several fraudulent fundraisers for various "boyfriends" and other assorted people, but ended up pocketing the money herself.
Tara has changed every story she's ever told about anything dozens of times at this point.

She lied about what the woman who called into Larry King said, Tara claims they said their daughter was raped, that was a lie; we have the video and transcript.
This is all without even scratching the surface of her insane Russian fanfiction.

Or the fact that she praised Joe Biden many times on her social media accounts until 2018, when she started spouting said fanfiction.
Or the fact her mother liked and followed Biden on Facebook.

Or the fact she would *brag about working for Biden* to the animal rescue she worked for and defrauded, @mare_rescue
Now, you may be asking "why would they do this".

It's very simple.

They're mad Sanders lost and can't get over it. Instead of seeing a therapist or eating at a restaurant or killing Grunts in Halo, they do things like this.
See, this was a two-fold plan, a dumb one, but a plan.

The first part was to try and get Biden to drop out so Sanders could somehow get the nod (that will never happen).

That didn't work out for them.
The second part is to use this as a cudgel against Biden to make him lose the general election out of petty revenge and tantrum throwing.

That also will not happen.
This is why you're seeing constant tweets trending like "BernieIsOnTheBallot" or "BernieComeBack".

It's all coordinated. In fact, Briahna Joy Gray and David Sirota were fired because they kept pushing this.

They still are.
Robinson himself admits to this when he talks about a "different nominee" or "Sanders unsuspending" in his articles.
I would also like to point out that Rich McHugh was the producer for Bill O'Reilly on Fox News for two years and has a personal axe to grind against the Bidens.
There is also talk that Tara is working with Russia Today, a literal front group for a hostile foreign power, on an "expose", in case you needed any more evidence of just how much bulls#!t this all is.

Among others, this is a really, really bad look for Krystal Ball, who apparently wants to extort the Democrats into picking another candidate?

An opinion piece that's worth a read. It's very long, but detailed and well-explained. The bullets are fully explained in the article, but per HuskerBoard policy I'm, of course, not copying all of it.

Why I'm skeptical about Reade's sexual assault claim against Biden: Ex-prosecutor

During 28 years as a state and federal prosecutor, I prosecuted a lot of sexual assault cases. The vast majority came early in my career, when I was a young attorney at a prosecutor’s office outside Detroit. 

A year ago, Tara Reade accused former Vice President Joe Biden of touching her shoulder and neck in a way that made her uncomfortable, when she worked for him as a staff assistant in 1993. Then last month, Reade told an interviewer that Biden stuck his hand under her skirt and forcibly penetrated her with his fingers. Biden denies the allegation.

When women make allegations of sexual assault, my default response is to believe them. But as the news media have investigated Reade’s allegations, I’ve become increasingly skeptical. Here are some of the reasons why:

►Delayed reporting … twice.

►Implausible explanation for changing story.

People who contradict Reade’s claim.

►Missing formal complaint.

►Memory lapse.

►The lie about losing her job.

►Compliments for Biden.

►Rejecting Biden, embracing Sanders.

Love of Russia and Putin.

►Suspect timing.

►The Larry King call.

►Statements to others.

►Lack of other sexual assault allegations.

►What remains.

The facts of that case made me question the credibility of the woman who claimed she was raped. In the end, she acknowledged that she fabricated the allegation after her boyfriend caught her with a man with whom she was having an affair. 

I know that “Believe Women” is the mantra of the new decade. It is a response to a century of ignoring and excusing men’s sexual assaults against women. But men and women alike should not be forced to blindly accept every allegation of sexual assault for fear of being labeled a misogynist or enabler. 

We can support the #MeToo movement and not support allegations of sexual assault that do not ring true. If these two positions cannot coexist, the movement is no more than a hit squad. That’s not how I see the #MeToo movement. It’s too important, for too many victims of sexual assault and their allies, to be no more than that.  

Michael J. Stern, a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors, was a federal prosecutor for 25 years in Detroit and Los Angeles. Follow him on Twitter:  @MichaelJStern1

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

This is so full of logic failures, I don't even want to respond Decoy.  But I will since you can't seem to understand.

Not speaking about something doesn't mean you support or do not support it.  It means you're not speaking about it at this time.  Stop trying to make this a false dilemma fallacy.

I understand it just fine.  

All allegations rape or SA are serious as these are terrible crimes.   One candidate has one such allegation.  The other candidate has 18.  You are focusing on the candidate with one and ignoring #18.

Am I correct in assuming this means you are either voting for 18, or are still upset that zero (Sanders) got beat out by One?   If this is correct then it explains the Biden slamming adequately.  

So am I correct?

• Plus1 2