The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Sounds like you have never had anyone come tell you about a sexual assault.  If you are not "trained" in dealing with it the last thing you do is ask specific details like you are a detective.  You sit, you listen, you comfort.  The person will often times tell the story out of order and often times with a lot of shame and guilt mixed in that tend to scramble up the story, not on purpose, but because it is how most of us deal with situations like that.  

• Plus1 3

15 hours ago, funhusker said:

Would Ivanka and Jared be involved in the administration of a Marco Rubio or any other Republican?

Maybe

14 hours ago, funhusker said:

Yeah, and not to mention Eric and Don Jr. work for The Trump Organization.  I mean, the name of the company is literally their last name.

Notre Dame Joe must be smokin' some crack!  I get it, they work for dad.  It's not different than people working for their dad on the farm. It's a family business; you are part of it because your in the family.  That's how it works.  So to say they don't have have their jobs because of their last name is nuts!

I said nothing of the sort, more of the opposite actually.  Are you trying to equate working for Dad with a do nothing job for the arm of a foreign country?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Maybe

I said nothing of the sort, more of the opposite actually.  Are you trying to equate working for Dad with a do nothing job for the arm of a foreign country?

You don't present your opinion nearly as clearly as you assume you do.

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

Just the beginning.  Over/Under on how many more women come forward with "Joe stories"?

Most of the [other]Joe stories concern him touching through clothing and are confirmed by video.  I'm curious why people are making a big deal about the mother placing an anonymous call to CNN in the 90s.  You would expect her to take her daughter's side and she is only going off hearsay. 

4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You don't present your opinion nearly as clearly as you assume you do.

I never sure how many times to repeat the opinion without it coming across as talking down.  I've said more than once that I think children of powerful people should get jobs where they actually work like the rest of us.  But when they paid for nothing it looks pretty shady.

5 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I never sure how many times to repeat the opinion without it coming across as talking down.  I've said more than once that I think children of powerful people should get jobs where they actually work like the rest of us.  But when they paid for nothing it looks pretty shady.

You played dumb about "what gigs?" the Trump kids have because of their father.  Plain and simple.

You'd have to be an idiot to not see it.  Even the girlfriends are on the payroll of the campaign.  What do they do?  What does Kushner do?  He can't even get clearance!  What does Ivanka do, she's not even on the payroll but still sits in meetings and "just happens" to make private money with the people that she works with in a "governmental" role.

I have no problem with Trump's kids working for the Trump Organization.  And I'd have no problem for them working in the administration if they could pass the same hurdles as everyone else.  None.  But to pretend to have no idea about what people are talking about is a pathetic look.

3 hours ago, funhusker said:

You played dumb about "what gigs?" the Trump kids have because of their father.  Plain and simple.

You'd have to be an idiot to not see it.  Even the girlfriends are on the payroll of the campaign.  What do they do?  What does Kushner do?  He can't even get clearance!  What does Ivanka do, she's not even on the payroll but still sits in meetings and "just happens" to make private money with the people that she works with in a "governmental" role.

I have no problem with Trump's kids working for the Trump Organization.  And I'd have no problem for them working in the administration if they could pass the same hurdles as everyone else.  None.  But to pretend to have no idea about what people are talking about is a pathetic look.

i didn't think anyone would object to something so inane as family members in the government?  Were yououtraged that Bill Clinton made Hilary more powerful than most of his cabinet?

Trump children doing actual work for our government.  If they were actually on a foreign payroll this thread would be nothing but tweets from complaining MSM harpies.

4 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

i didn't think anyone would object to something so inane as family members in the government?  Were yououtraged that Bill Clinton made Hilary more powerful than most of his cabinet?

Trump children doing actual work for our government.  If they were actually on a foreign payroll this thread would be nothing but tweets from complaining MSM harpies.

TeacherCD wasn't objecting to it.  He was just pointing out the "inane".

When you questioned it, I pointed out the "inane".

I'll repeat this, because you apparently missed it: 

"I have no problem with Trump's kids working for the Trump Organization.  And I'd have no problem for them working in the administration if they could pass the same hurdles as everyone else.  None.  But to pretend to have no idea about what people are talking about is a pathetic look."

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

This may not be good news for those who follow Trump on the twitter, because he's gonna unleash a flurry of angry words over this poll.

This is a code-red alert for all caps. This is not a drill!

It is evident in his daily c-19 'news conferences' .  His daily briefings, which he thought would be good campaign ads, are painting him as the narcissistic person that he is - he only cares about 3 people - me, myself, and I.  Not only has it displayed his utter stupidity (inject bleach- that will cure ya) but also his over the top rudeness and self interest. It show clearly that he is not a leader but an empty suit cry baby:cry   The guy is the worse possible person to be leading the country at this time.  Could you imagine him as  leader during the Challenger explosion, or after Pearl Harbor, or 911, or at Gettysburg??  He is in capable of caring - it isn't in his wounded physic to do so- he does what extreme narcissistic people do- blame, deflect and care only about self.

Three weeks of Trump coronavirus briefings under a microscope: 2 hours spent on attacks, 45 minutes on self-congratulation — and 4½ minutes of condolences for victims

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/three-weeks-of-trump-coronavirus-briefings-under-a-microscope-2-hours-spent-on-attacks-45-minutes-on-self-congratulation-and-412-minutes-of-condolences-for-victims-2020-04-27

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Maybe

OH FFS.....

One kid took a job he wasn't qualified for in a private company and was paid way too much.

Other kids are appointed to jobs in our own government they weren't qualified for, all intelligence agencies said they were a security risk, Security clearance is denied until daddy gets involved, they're doing business deals out the back of the White House and have pretty much failed at everything governmentally they have been appointed to do.

And...you think the first one is appalling and disastrous and the second scenario is perfectly OK and good for the country.

Give me a friggen break.

BTW....what law did you say the first scenario broke?

I have said a number of times on this board, I am perfectly fine with doing a total investigation into ALL the above kids.  Deal???

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

OH FFS.....

One kid took a job he wasn't qualified for in a private company and was paid way too much.

Other kids are appointed to jobs in our own government they weren't qualified for, all intelligence agencies said they were a security risk, Security clearance is denied until daddy gets involved, they're doing business deals out the back of the White House and have pretty much failed at everything governmentally they have been appointed to do.

And...you think the first one is appalling and disastrous and the second scenario is perfectly OK and good for the country.

Give me a friggen break.

BTW....what law did you say the first scenario broke?

I have said a number of times on this board, I am perfectly fine with doing a total investigation into ALL the above kids.  Deal???

Cult members have a hard time seeing the truth.  A waste of time. 

• Thanks 3

This is pretty much where I'm at with Reade's accusations.  There's something fishy about the ever-evolving story. She's been reaching out trying to tell her story to the press for more than a year, and when she's been given the platform, she either doesn't tell the full truth or she changes the story from what she's said before.

People "verify" her accounts, but which account?  The reporting on this is awful. Reade has not been asked about the discrepancies in her story, she hasn't been asked which version of the story she's told which people, the people "verifying" her story haven't been quoted as saying specifically which version they're verifying, nor have any of the people she told disclosed specifically what she told them and specifically when she told them.  These are crucial questions - OBVIOUS questions - in determining the veracity of an accusation.

It's so hard to justify an allegation of rape when Reade was handed the opportunity to disclose what happened to her - which she says she's been trying to do since late March, 2019 after hearing Nevada politician Lucy Flores' allegation that Biden touched her and sniffed her hair. This is the interview she gave The Union, a local newspaper, in April, 2019.

Reade recalled a handful of times Biden touched her. On one occasion they were before a group of interns when he put his finger on her neck. She doesn’t remember how many times Biden touched her in that manner, she said.

“I was trying to be seen as a professional,” Reade added.

Reade said her expulsion from Biden’s office stemmed from an early 1993 staff argument over the suggestion she serve drinks at an event. According to Reade, Biden wanted her to serve because he liked her legs. Reade didn’t hear Biden make that suggestion, instead learning of it through his staff’s argument. Reade opted against serving drinks, a move she believes sidelined her career.

The friend in whom Reade confided at the time said they discussed Biden. Reade asked her friend if she should take any action. Being young and relatively new to D.C., she wondered if anything was wrong with Biden’s behavior.

The confidant said she asked if Reade would let her younger sister work in the office. When Reade said “no” to the hypothetical question, her friend said Biden’s actions weren’t appropriate.

Reade said Biden’s senior staff protected the senator. She was considered a distraction. Reade said she didn’t consider the acts toward her sexualization. She instead compared her experience to being a lamp.

“It’s pretty. Set it over there,” she said. “Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away.”

Reade said she tried to share her story when she worked for Biden, but was told to say nothing. Then Biden ran on Barack Obama’s ticket. Reade thought he may have changed.

None of this is remotely close to the allegation that she - for the first time - disclosed nearly a year after this interview was conducted, and the new allegation in no way mirrors what Flores says Biden did to her.

Reade's accusation can be accepted, but more reporting - responsible reporting - has to be done.

The problem is, no matter what happens, this will remain at most a he-said/she-said situation. Biden will continue to deny it, and in the absence of absolute proof, it's going to get tossed on the scrap heap of history as another accusation of bad actions by a person in power.

• Plus1 1