The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

40 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You know, one would think that Biden would benefit more from Harris as his running mate to help maximize black voter turnout, but there was that polling of MIchigan & Wisconsin not long ago where Warren outperformed Harris with black voters.

Ohio is culturally distinct from those states, but maybe Warren really is the answer.

12 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

You know, one would think that Biden would benefit more from Harris as his running mate to help maximize black voter turnout, but there was that polling of MIchigan & Wisconsin not long ago where Warren outperformed Harris with black voters.

Ohio is culturally distinct from those states, but maybe Warren really is the answer.

I'll be honest, I really didn't look at that portion of the tweet. I was shocked that Biden is polling better in Ohio, Trump won Ohio pretty easily in 2016. The same pollster had Trump +4 end of March. 

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I'm super fine with Elizabeth Warren being one heartbeat away from the presidency. I preferred her when this whole mess began sixteen years ten months ago, and I don't think Biden survives another four years anyway.

Only problem with choosing Warren is the Massachusetts governor is Republican. He'll replace her with a Republican, and the Dems won't hold the Senate.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

it wasn't fabricated.  The video is gone.

Who is responsible wasn't traced down and it was assumed it was CNN's fault...and that was the only thing wrong with the story.  I checked today and the video is still gone....CNN claims Google did this.  I really don't care who removed the video...I just wonder why the video is removed period.

B8Ov1bK.png

Two things, I can't get any Larry King video to play on google play - everyone of them says program unavailable. Two, I'm not a huge fan of CNN, but they literally had this particular interview on their front page days ago. Not the best coverup if that's what they're attempting. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/25/politics/tara-reade-mom-larry-king/index.html

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm super fine with Elizabeth Warren being one heartbeat away from the presidency. I preferred her when this whole mess began sixteen years ten months ago, and I don't think Biden survives another four years anyway.

Only problem with choosing Warren is the Massachusetts governor is Republican. He'll replace her with a Republican, and the Dems won't hold the Senate.

I've come around on Warren a good deal. She is apparently a lot more popular in the Rust Belt states that will decide the election than I had assumed. Particularly with black voters.

The Senate seat is an issue, especially when the Senate is going to be as competitive as it is. Losing one seat could swing control of the Senate. But I just read if Warren resigns her seat by late June (plenty of time to announce her as running mate), the special election to replace her would happen on Election Day. There's no way a generic Republican wins a Senate seat in Massachusetts. Resigning her seat would cost us nothing as the Senate is McConnell's graveyard at this point, and it would allow Joe Kennedy to avoid primarying Ed Markey in MA by simply running for Warren's seat instead.

Or the Dem legislature could alter the law to require the governor to appoint an interim senator of the same party as the outgoing senator.

There are a couple ways losing this seat could be averted.

From the article:

Now two more sources have come forward to corroborate certain details about Reade's claims. One of them — a former neighbor of Reade's — has told Insider for the first time, on the record, that Reade disclosed details about the alleged assault to her in the mid-1990s.

"This happened, and I know it did because I remember talking about it," Lynda LaCasse, who lived next door to Reade in the mid-1990s, told Insider.

The other source, Lorraine Sanchez, who worked with Reade in the office of a California state senator in the mid-1990s, told Insider that she recalls Reade complaining at the time that her former boss in Washington DC had sexually harassed her, and that she had been fired after raising concerns.

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

From the article:

Now two more sources have come forward to corroborate certain details about Reade's claims. One of them — a former neighbor of Reade's — has told Insider for the first time, on the record, that Reade disclosed details about the alleged assault to her in the mid-1990s.

"This happened, and I know it did because I remember talking about it," Lynda LaCasse, who lived next door to Reade in the mid-1990s, told Insider.

The other source, Lorraine Sanchez, who worked with Reade in the office of a California state senator in the mid-1990s, told Insider that she recalls Reade complaining at the time that her former boss in Washington DC had sexually harassed her, and that she had been fired after raising concerns.

Now we're getting somewhere. Specific names, interviews, on the record. That bolsters Reade's story.

I don't agree with the first of these tweets simply because I haven't seen an interview where Reade's brother says she disclosed the specific things she now alleges happened, and the words her mom used on Larry King are hardly damning to Biden, and that tape isn't damning at all. 

The second tweet is looking more and more accurate. Still voting for Biden, but only because Trump is worse (which has been the case since Super Tuesday).

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Now we're getting somewhere. Specific names, interviews, on the record. That bolsters Reade's story.

I don't agree with the first of these tweets simply because I haven't seen an interview where Reade's brother says she disclosed the specific things she now alleges happened, and the words her mom used on Larry King are hardly damning to Biden, and that tape isn't damning at all. 

The second tweet is looking more and more accurate. Still voting for Biden, but only because Trump is worse (which has been the case since Super Tuesday).

Agreed, this is much more credible than the other stuff that has come out. Democrats would have a no win situation if more evidence comes out. Trump would be handed quite the lifeline, as republican voters have shown to not really care about allegations against him. 

18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

^^^ What is that noise I'm hearing.  Oh, it is the knock on the door of Gov Cuomo by the Draft Cuomo and Save our Country Committee. 

Yes, this is exactly what I think happens.  Just wait...a few more women will all of a sudden pop up.  Joe will be the "good soldier" and bow out...this is going to be a masters class!

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This Guardian article has a quote from her brother:

Reade’s brother also remembers learning about the incident: “First my mom told me about it. She was up in arms. And I was like I don’t know what happened. I think my sister was trying to spare me.” Indeed, Reade did try to spare her younger brother somewhat but, as he told me, “I remember my sister being specifically asked to handle a gym bag... And there was a moment he had her up against the wall and made a hand move under her clothes.”

NYT article says her brother publicly confirmed her story but no link to an interview.

6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This Guardian article has a quote from her brother:

NYT article says her brother publicly confirmed her story but no link to an interview.

It's a concern that her brother only came forth publicly with a statement like that after she amended her story. And while accounts of sexual assault survivors tend to evolve over time as they're more comfortable telling details about what happened, that hesitance (which is obviously no fault of theirs) makes it difficult to take actionable steps, especially early on when Big Media was getting roasted for not covering this story.  Unlike Blasey-Ford, there were red flags with Reade that make it harder to see her as credible.

What's also a concern is that none of these stories specifically mention when Reade's brother, or "Jane" the friend, were interviewed. When did they say what they knew?  The Guardian article, written by an unabashed Bernie supporter, is big on innuendo (made a hand move under her clothes) and light on facts (like the specific dates these interviews were conducted, or specifically when Reade told her brother these things, or if Reade herself told her brother or he got this account from someone else).