Sad to see a public servant like Comey take a fall (regardless of my opinion of his performance), but I'm grateful that this may actually get things rolling a bit more quickly toward investigations on our POTUS and his intentions and abilities to lead.

One question I have... is if it was so shocking when Nixon did this, why didn't they change who was able to fire the FBI director?

Nixon didn't fire the FBI director but rather his attempts to get the AG and assistant AG to fire the special investigator appointed to investigate Watergate: The Saturday Night Massacre refers to U.S. President Richard Nixon's orders to fire independent special prosecutor Archibald Cox, which led to the resignations of Attorney General Elliot Richardson and Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus on October 20, 1973, during the Watergate scandal.

A succinct analysis of the situation.

Pretty difficult to wrap my mind around - either way, it looks bad for the president.

This feels a lot like watching a game of Jenga, waiting to see which piece gets pulled out and causes the whole thing to topple over.

Sad to see a public servant like Comey take a fall (regardless of my opinion of his performance), but I'm grateful that this may actually get things rolling a bit more quickly toward investigations on our POTUS and his intentions and abilities to lead.

the fact that he managed to piss off both sides show that he was doing his job correctly and wasn't a slave to either party.

• Fire 2

the fact that he managed to piss off both sides show that he was doing his job correctly and wasn't a slave to either party.

He pissed off both sides because he was mishandling investigations.

In this situation, the Dems are being somewhat disingenuous with their outrage. They were very upset with him with the Clinton email fiasco. If he were fired back then, they would have fully supported it. Now, they act like they loved him all along.

No they don't.

They act like they prefer him to FBI Director Rudy Giuliani.

In this situation, the Dems are being somewhat disingenuous with their outrage. They were very upset with him with the Clinton email fiasco. If he were fired back then, they would have fully supported it. Now, they act like they loved him all along.

No they don't.

They act like they prefer him to FBI Director Rudy Giuliani.

Then they should have been careful of what they wished for because several Dem's came out publicly and said they didn't think he should be the director anymore.

He pissed off both sides because he was mishandling investigations.

trump was praising comey 2 weeks before the election for his great work with the clinton e-mail investigation. now that is the trump excuse for firing him so that he can appoint someone to bury this current investigation.