Comey to testify that Trump obstructed

top-10-things-we-learned-today-1-trump-w

1) We don't know if Trump himself is under investigation right now. I think that we know members of the Trump campaign/advisors/cabinet are under investigation

2) We don't know that

3) We don't know if Trump himself colluded. But many Trump cabinet members/advisors/campaign officials have known ties to Russia. Plus Trump asked the Russians in a public setting to hack into Hillary's emails. Is that collusion?

4) I think we know that Russia did not alter the election by hacking into voting systems or changing vote counts. But they did alter influence the election outcome with the DNC hacking and by disseminating fake news propaganda.

5) We learned that

6) She asked Comey to change wording.

7) We do not know that

8) Nope. CNN and the NY Times had the Comey stuff before his memo was leaked

9) I think the Ds are foolish to scream RUSSIA over every Trump move. I didn't just learn that yesterday.

10) Bob Mueller disagrees with you

11) Why did I waste 15 minutes typing this out?

Why would he ask for loyalty when he hardly knows the man?

Wouldn't be the first time, and def not the first time it was documented in front of thousands and watched by thousands. I especially like the "bad things happen to people" quote.

• Fire 4

It appears that Comey may have committed some serious perjury in his testimony in this long, useless Russian / Trump saga. I haven't got to carefully review the details from the several times he has testified but it seems clear he flatout and unequivocally denied ever leaking any government / investigation related informatiion of any kind to the media in prior testimony and now he publicly swears that in fact did just that. The two statements seem absolutely contradictory and in no way is there some misunderstanding or mistatement. The questions presented were clear, unambiguous and his answers were likewise. It seems that he must have felt that the truth was soon to come out that he had lied to Congress before under oath and so he would simply come out and attempt to 'clear up' the matter.

This would explain why Comey had stalled and balked at testifying sooner, apparently he felt he needed more time to plan his strategy and perhaps rewrite his 'contermporaneous memorandum of the private conversation(s) he was so uncomfortable in having with the President. Of course, now we learn in fact Comey had requested the first such one on one meeting back in January and Comey was the one asking the room be cleared.

The only problem is that he has now given two dimetrically opposing statements about simple facts that he is in complete control and personally involved in. Not going to be much of a way to weasel out of this should the new Special prosecutor he was so eager to see appointed follows up on. I would suspect Mueller is unlikely to play politics and will go wherever the facts lead. Liberals may want to start getting some Pepto Bismol and Tums as the indigestion will only grow as more and more of the late Paul Harvey's "rest of the story' comes out

The icing on the politcal cake, if it were, is that assuming Comey has little or no credibility left relative to his actions involving the various investigations (Clinton and Trump), the special prosecutor and Justice Department and the Attorney General and the new FBI director will have to reopen the 'closed' files and do a real investigation. This will of course mean lots of soul searching for many liberals who, in the gut, realize that the Clintons are as dirty as they can be. They are not untouchables and could still find that they are going to experience some real American justice up close and personal. .

It appears that Comey may have committed some serious perjury in his testimony in this long, useless Russian / Trump saga. I haven't got to carefully review the details from the several times he has testified but it seems clear he flatout and unequivocally denied ever leaking any government / investigation related informatiion of any kind to the media in prior testimony and now he publicly swears that in fact did just that. The two statements seem absolutely contradictory and in no way is there some misunderstanding or mistatement.

Except that this is the first time he's testified since he was fired and he leaked his own notes after he was fired. So it's impossible for Comey to have testified he didn't leak anything as this was his first opportunity.

Edit: I was going to point out all the other inaccuracies in your post, but it's pretty much everything you wrote.

• Fire 5

It appears that Comey may have committed some serious perjury in his testimony

For a person who claims to be a lawyer, you don't seem to understand what perjury is.

Please explain, in as detailed of a lawyerly way as you possibly can, what perjury in this situation would be. Don't be afraid to talk over our heads with legal jargon. We'll figure it out.

• Fire 4