Comey to testify that Trump obstructed

McCain explains himself:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/06/08/politics/john-mccain-comey/index.html

"What I was trying to get at was whether Mr. Comey believes that any of his interactions with the President rise to the level of obstruction of justice. In the case of Secretary Clinton's emails, Mr. Comey was willing to step beyond his role as an investigator and state his belief about what 'no reasonable prosecutor' would conclude about the evidence. I wanted Mr. Comey to apply the same approach to the key question surrounding his interactions with President Trumpwhether or not the President's conduct constitutes obstruction of justice. While I missed an opportunity in today's hearing, I still believe this question is important, and I intend to submit it in writing to Mr. Comey for the record."

If he actually could have spit that out, it would have been the highlight of the hearing...

I listened to the hearing via the radio and wasn't able to view it. I heard most of it and came away thinking that Mr Comey is a very honorable, professional, forthright and thoughtful (as in thinking things through) guy. Just listening to him made me think how 'un-Trump' he is.

Afterwards I got in the car to go for lunch and I turned on the radio. Talk radio centered around 2 main things: 1. Comey leaked his own documents 2. Comey was a coward - he didn't confront either Trump or former AG Loretta Lynch.

However, in just listening to his words - I didn't have that take away. I think he did what he thought was prudent at the time. Yes, It would have been nice if he had confronted Trump (been better if he was tapping the conversation). But the overarching take away for me was that Trumps was doing all he can to interfere in the investigation without actually telling Comey to stop the investigation. You don't have to be a tea reader to understand what Trump was trying to say without saying it. Comey doesn't come across as a 'showboat' but actually as a fairly humble guy. A dedicated team player, who plays by the rules and who saw Trump as one who isn't a team player and does not play by the rules.

Who am I going to believe - pretty easy based on past record and character don't you think. Comey is telling the truth and I only wish there was a clear smoking gun (vs a He said, He said) so we can get the inevitable over with quickly.

• Fire 4

This is the alt right spin version that I received from the ultra conservative "Grassfire" email moments ago.

This outfit used to be a lot more sensible 3+ years ago. But for the past year or more I cannot believe they send this stuff out with a straight face. They've always been pretty hard right but they have absolutely gone off the deep end where Trump is concerned.

Anyway thought you all would enjoy seeing the propaganda machine in action. Sorry if it makes you feel sick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I'm watching something off a Hollywood set...

Comey and the Attack of the Swamp Monsters!

Here we have former FBI director James Comey -- who led the cover up for Hillary Clinton and unilaterally made a decision beyond the scope of his authority NOT to prosecute her for obvious felonious actions -- appearing before Congress like a beaten stray dog who was victimized by President Trump.

I actually thought Comey might break down in tears as he described the alleged abusive behavior by the President.

(Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth!)

Let's be clear... the NEWS of today's testimony is that President Trump was entirely truthful when he reported that Comey, on THREE occasions, told him that he was not under investigation for an alleged Russian conspiracy. Also, Comey confirmed that Mr. Trump did not try to impede or ask Comey to stop the Russia investigation. Thus, Comey directly confirmed the President's assertions and affirmed that America's Commander-in-Chief is NOT INVOLVED IN ANY RUSSIAN CONSPIRACY.

This ACTUAL news caused CNN to retract its prior "anonymously sourced" FAKE NEWS that Mr. Trump was not telling the truth. This news should essentially end the Russia investigation, at least as it is relates to the President.

But the SWAMP isn't satisfied. Why? Because this was
never about Russia. This was ALWAYS about creating a cloud of suspicion to hang over the President and paint him as a bully who is unfit for office.

And let's be clear...

This is and always will be about keeping the SWAMP in power!

That's because President Trump and his America First agenda are a fundamental threat to the SWAMP. So the Swamp Monsters are ganging up from both sides of the political aisle and the media to attack the President and cripple his agenda.

Can you even imagine a former FBI Director under Barack Obama going before Congress to unload about personal conversations with the former president regarding any of his scandals? Or Mr. Obama's IRS Director volunteering a seven-page memo detailing how America's "Radical-in-Chief" expressed dislike for Tea Party groups around the time of the IRS' blatant, illegal and politically motivated targeting of those groups? (Targeting for which NO ONE was ever held accountable!)

Again, this is "Comey And The Attack Of The Swamp Monsters"!

+ + This is why we must DRAIN THE SWAMP!

After today's Comey circus, Grassfire is accelerating our DRAIN THE SWAMP initiative. Right now, we are finalizing bold plans to take the DRAIN THE SWAMP message directly to the heart of the swamp. This headline-grabbing initiative could help galvanize a truly nationwide, grassroots DRAIN THE SWAMP movement that puts D.C. on notice that WE ARE WATCHING their every move with eagle eyes.

I expect to share the details of this next critical phase of our DRAIN THE SWAMP initiative within the coming week. But our first priority is to rally thousands and then tens of thousands and even hundreds of thousands of citizens to send a clarion call to President Trump and Congress to DRAIN THE SWAMP!

If we needed further proof that the SWAMP is out to destroy the President, we got it from Sen. Marco Rubio, who said during today's hearing, "The only thing that's never been leaked is the fact that the president was not personally under investigation." The SWAMP never leaked the truth that confirmed the President was not under investigation because it didn't fit their "fake news" narrative against him! They only leak news and "fake news" that undermine the Trump presidency.

And by the way, do you know why we even have a "special counsel" investigating the alleged Russia conspiracy? Because Comey himself admitted today that he LEAKED information (fake news) to the Swamp Media. Two days after the New York Times published Comey's anti-Trump leak, the "special counsel" was launched.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope our response to Trump is not to continue electing politicians opposed to the ACA (for example)...unless that aligns with our own politics, which I hope for most it doesn't. It'll be nice for both parties to get back to some semblance of normal, to be sure, but Trump has set the bar awfully low and we shouldn't give too much credit to anyone who recognizes him for who he is. That should be a very, very basic and universal thing.

I mean, I suspect in the end McMullin's goals are not so different from those of many Republicans. He's simply made the calculation that standing against Trump is more profitable to him personally than being complicit. I do applaud him for this, but he can afford to do this as someone who has...never held public office? He hasn't faced the pressures and tests current Congressmen do. We won't know how he would behave if he did. Opposing Trump is his way in, but may he reclaim the GOP with his efforts at least.