Comey to testify that Trump obstructed

Here is where Trump is so damn dumb because it makes him look so guilty.

A logical thought process would be that a sitting President would WELCOME an investigation into if someone around him was colluding with the Russians if there is some hint of problems.

By him working behind the scenes to stifle the investigation, he looks so damn guilty.

If he is so innocent, then, what's the problem with looking into it?

Agreed. Funny thing is I think Trump himself is innocent but it bothers his ego so much he tried to make it go away, and in that he's guilty.

Another way to think about this:

Trump's lawyers are trying to win conventionally, by prevailing in a legal court.

Trump's trying to destroy confidence in the court system so that it doesn't matter if he loses there. #rigged #fakenews #trumpislaw

He has every reason to think his way will prevail ultimately. The fact that this is the path he is pursuing should have disqualified him from the presidency long ago, or caused our system of checks and balances to bring about his impeachment. That this has not happened means our democracy as we know it dangles upon a precipice.

• Fire 4

He's trying to get as many of his base to NOT listen to Comey as possible.

His marketing people (and yes that is what they are) aren't dumb. Will be interesting to see if he can stick to the teleprompter. I'm betting no. He will not be able to go through the entire speech without mention of how Comey and the world are out to get him. His attempt to get some prayers from these folks is pretty timely.

Hmmm - hopefully they'll take some notes after dinner to add to the growing piles of evidence of obstruction:

Can you believe these guys agreed to go to dinner? Shoot even Franken stepped out of an appearance with Maher because of optics.

• Fire 2

Hmmm - hopefully they'll take some notes after dinner to add to the growing piles of evidence of obstruction:

Can you believe these guys agreed to go to dinner? Shoot even Franken stepped out of an appearance with Maher because of optics.

Yes. I can believe it.

• Fire 3

After watching Trump's White House ask everyone involved in investigating him to help knock things down and personally feed Nunes information to run to the press with, nothing surprises me anymore.

This is absolutely nuts. I think it's easily explainable, though. Trump is showing every day he's still living under the assumption that has guided his entire adult life - that he's too wealthy and too powerful for his actions to have consequences. This is fleshed out by decades of severely unethical conduct and his use of his resources to bully other people into submission in courtrooms, rather than face consequences for his actions.

But we're at a point where that assumption won't hold up. His tweets are already killing his SC case on his ban. Is he going to continue to make unforced errors by live-tweeting Comey?

Also, gentle reminder that Trump and Trumpism are merely symptoms, rather than the cause, of the issues within the modern day GOP.

• Fire 2

Trump, his Super PACs (3.5 years from election), Conway, et al are all on the offensive trying to attack Comey's competence and credibility. Comey isn't someone I would actively try to publicly spite.

Yes. I can believe it.

I'm sure they're just talking about the Gators' and Razorbacks' 2018 recruiting classes.