Cannabis legality

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's been the time for a discussion of marijuana's risks for decades now.  The problem is that the government has been blocking even basic research on its uses and risks for 100 years.

Of course marijuana isn't going to be without risk.  THC is a controlled substance, after all. But like any medication, it needs to be studied, put in trials, have the risks evaluated, and then used when it's the most beneficial. 

• Plus1 2

This statement sums it up for me.

You may reasonably decide the benefits outweigh the harms, but you should know about those potential harms.

My feelings on this subject is that there are way too many people in the conversation that try to say there are no problems with using it.

Just need to be informed.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This statement sums it up for me.

My feelings on this subject is that there are way too many people in the conversation that try to say there are no problems with using it.

Just need to be informed.

Conversely, there are others in the discussion that say there are no benefits and greatly exaggerate the harms. Ultimately, the best thing we can do is give people the most accurate and unbiased information we have on the matter and let people decide for themselves. The selfserving arguments surrounding cannabis from both sides of the debate need to refocus on the facts of the matter. There aren't many facts out there to begin with due to limited research on the subject, so that is a great place to start imo. Lets really test cannabis and see how it interacts with us rather than basing all of our information on propaganda or anecdotes.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think people will often ignore the negative qualities when talking about legalization, but I don't believe I've ever seen someone say there are 'no problems' with using it.

• Plus1 1

I haven't had to use it in quite awhile but when my UC was waking me up every hour through the night, one little edible would allow me to sleep through the night. It was great. I'll still do it now and then if I'm desiring a really good night's sleep. I have figured out though that you can't really use the edibles to get the cerebral high associated with smoking it. I ate two edibles once thinking I might get that "high" feeling and all it did was make me sick, nauseous and dizzy. More like bed spins from drinking than anything enjoyable.

I'm for having it legalized (which it is here) but there are also detriments to it's use imo.  I've seen too many people that it just seems to eliminate their ability to be productive. Maybe it isn't just the marijuana but it sure seems to be a common theme with many who use it heavily.

11 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I'm for having it legalized (which it is here) but there are also detriments to it's use imo.  I've seen too many people that it just seems to eliminate their ability to be productive. Maybe it isn't just the marijuana but it sure seems to be a common theme with many who use it heavily.

The same thing could be said for alcohol and McDonald's :)

• Plus1 1