What does the board think of the Five Dollar Bits of Broken Chair rivalry trophy with Minnesota

What does the board think of the Five Dollar Bits of Broken Chair rivalry Trophy between Minnesota and Nebraska?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

The name is too long.    I like "bits of broken chair" but " $5 bits of broken chair" sounds weird.  So does Heros game.  

The universities should embrace organic rivalries instead of manufacturing grandiose ones.  

The "Broken Chair" Trophy would suffice

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Enhance said:

I think it's fantastic, funny and part of the charm historically associated with college football. The teams and universities often take themselves far too seriously and this was something that just felt organic and goofy.

Also because they made $0 dollars off having the trophy, so they don't want it.  

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Highway6 said:

Thanks Highway. After reading the thread, there's hope, as a new trophy has been built, but it looks like it will most certainly have to be carried on outside of the University. Looks like any of the groups they've approached (Iron N, Innocents) all said no because of the trophy's connection to FauxPelini. 

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I can appreciate the nature of it being an organically built trophy.  But I would not want it to be a prominent piece of history due to it being a joke between a mascot and a parody account of a disgraceful fired Nebraska coach.

Are any of the "official" trophies better? Is Hy-Vee better than a mascot and parody account?

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Are any of the "official" trophies better? Is Hy-Vee better than a mascot and parody account?

Oh God no!  I'm not a fan of anything that has been manufactured.

Honestly, the best idea I have heard about "something to play for" was I think Knapplc suggested that Nebraska and Northwestern play for the right to wear an N on their helmet.  At least there would be some pride at stake.

34 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Honestly, the best idea I have heard about "something to play for" was I think Knapplc suggested that Nebraska and Northwestern play for the right to wear an N on their helmet.  At least there would be some pride at stake.

Fair enough.

I'm partially to the Broken Chair Trophy, but I wouldn't care if it went away either.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

I can appreciate the nature of it being an organically built trophy.  But I would not want it to be a prominent piece of history due to it being a joke between a mascot and a parody account of a disgraceful fired Nebraska coach.

Because the origin will matter in 20 years......wah.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

The Battle for NU. I doubt it ever gets off the ground, but it's no worse than any other idea out there.