Shatel: Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Saunders

I don't want our coaches spilling their guts to our opponents any time for any reason. The media people just need to use their immense creative writing skills that they learned from their far left professors to come up with something that really sells....but is done for purely altruistic reasons.

On 9/6/2017 at 1:28 PM, Hilltop said:

The media was so upset about this because they were ready to tear him up and down to get their little sound bites...  90% of the questions and what they get out of it are garbage to most fans anyways.  Nothing he could have said that night would have made any fans feel any better.  We will all believe what we want to anyways (see below).  They only people who lost in the situation were the media members who had to say- now what?  I'm all for feeding the fan base with good info in the off season and during weekly pressers but I would rather not have coaches worried about explaining their game plans before and after each practice and game to all of us.  

(What my non-coaching, Kool-aid drinking mind believes)- I think our defense has spent the last few weeks more focused on a run stop defense that will benefit the Oregon plan more than anything.  I believe we executed or practiced that plan against ArkSt.  We adjusted out as necessary- see the 3rd and most of the 4th Q defense.  I don't think Diaco wanted to say that or have to explain that because fans would be pissed about us "looking past" ArkSt and how it almost cost us the game.  I'm likely way off base but I like the thought of it because it gives me a little more hope for this Saturday's defensive outlook.  In any event- GBR    

lol right

• 2 weeks later...