Shatel: Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Saunders

39 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

It's actually up to the players if they want to talk. As they come out of the locker room an SID or assistant will ask them and then they'll come out into the lounge and answer questions.

Great, but if the players are willing to talk to the media, the Defensive Coordinator should be, too.  You can give some bland answers to their questions if you want to wait to watch the film before giving specific answers, but it's a bad look when your players are willing to do that and you aren't. 

• Plus1 1

John Gaskins was on 93.7 The Ticket's lunch-hour show until moving to South Dakota last year.  His new station up there covers North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa & Nebraska sports.  Lots of Husker fans up in the Dakotas, so he keeps up with the goings-on here.

He's always liked to stir the pot.  Edgy language like that is not new for him.

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was actually 12 coaches and 6 event staffers.

Diaco was also initiated with an ice water bath.

Wait....wut? Why was he given an ice water bath? Seems a bit clueless on the perpetrators part if this is true. I understand "initiating" a new coach after his first game... unless it is a defensive coach after that obvious lack of performance. I think I find this way more disturbing than dodging a PC. This would hint that some players don't quite understand the expectations.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Probably one of the best things they discussed was how everyone killed Mark Banker for his post game conference after the Iowa loss and then everyone gets mad because Diaco didn't do one.

I don't view those situations as 1:1 though, personally, though I do agree it appears like a double standard.

IIRC, I just don't think people liked what Banker had to say even if it's how he felt. This time around, I think people wanted Diaco to breakdown where some things went wrong, even if it ended up being some generic answers.

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

I don't view those situations as 1:1 though, personally, though I do agree it appears like a double standard.

IIRC, I just don't think people liked what Banker had to say even if it's how he felt. This time around, I think people wanted Diaco to breakdown where some things went wrong, even if it ended up being some generic answers.

With all due respect, no one would have been satisfied with Bob's answers Saturday night.

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Would he be in a better position to break things down right after the game, or a couple days later? 

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

With all due respect, no one would have been satisfied with Bob's answers Saturday night.

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong. I was just saying I think some fans (whether it's right or wrong) have this happy little middle ground where they want the coordinators to operate. Don't say anything outrageous but deliver some context for what happened.

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Would he be in a better position to break things down right after the game, or a couple days later? 

Well, that's not really the point I was trying to make, but I see what you're getting at. My point was I think some fans have grown accustomed to the coordinators being available and offering a certain level of insight at certain points during the week. Post game pressers would be one of those instances.

• Plus1 1