Credit where credits due

Huskinator

In the game thread I am sure there is talk about how the coaches will not make adjustments and they will give up 800+ yards. Well, they must have made some adjustments. Some people on here will never be happy and will always complain. The Huskers could win it all and some would find something to bitch about and suggest they should be fired.

• Plus1 2

The vagaries of the game.....

If anyone wants to claim that the score could have been worse, then they need to also admit that defensive adjustments made at halftime also worked. Oregon got 3 to 7 points for home field advantage. Let's remember that NU was in this game til the end. Sorry, but if you're gonna say that I've my head in the sand, I'll counter with you take absolute delight when NU struggles JUST to advance your agenda. Not the definition of a fan in my book.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We held them scoreless in the 2nd half and you think the staff had 0% to do with that?

I think it was Oregon choosing to play ball control and not "lose" the game.  They played into the strength of the D which was stopping the run.  No doubt IMHO, that Diaco was brought in to stop B1G teams.  Not spread teams.  Passing teams will and have eaten us alive in 2 games.  We've proved to stop the run or is it like 2015, why run when you can put up playstation numbers against our secondary?

They missed the FG and had some dropped passes.  But to your question, the staff had a part in the 2nd half.  The also owned the first half.  I have no idea why a defensive guru can't make in game adjustments and seeing us getting our collective a$$ kicked with the short routes again and again and refused to pull the DB's up.(again)  Charles Jackson is like 6'2 210 lbs.  Thats a big a$$ corner.  Let him press and mess up those screens and timing routes.  Like Marvin Sanders said, play press and push em down or  out of bounds.  Either way they aren't catching balls......

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

What % did they have to do with it?

What % did they have to do with the first half?

You absolutely have a point. Diaco needs to make adjustments sooner. I assume and hope he can. The D has given up way too many points over two games and that has to change. What bothers me, and this isn't directed at you, is that group of posters who cannot walk away from any chance to criticize the staff. Some of that is justified but not the knee-jerk stuff I see here. /rant

8 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Unreal...you just cannot give credit to this staff if they made adjustments??

The staff made adjustments.  They made a couple of those same adjustments late last week.  It's a fair question to ask why there was need to make those same adjustments again when it was shown that the base defense was terrible last week.  Or why those adjustments couldn't be made after two or three possessions instead of waiting for an entire half where we gave up 400 yards and 42 points.

Also, the success of those adjustments was aided greatly by the adjustments Oregon made to their offense - to be much less aggressive and work on the clock.

• Plus1 6

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The staff made adjustments.  They made a couple of those same adjustments late last week.  It's a fair question to ask why there was need to make those same adjustments again when it was shown that the base defense was terrible last week.  Or why those adjustments couldn't be made after two or three possessions instead of waiting for an entire half where we gave up 400 yards and 42 points.

Also, the success of those adjustments was aided greatly by the adjustments Oregon made to their offense - to be much less aggressive and work on the clock.

Thats irrational and knee-jerk. :)