Credit where credits due

Huskinator

Riley is not a great coach and will never lead us to a championship,the first is a fact based on his total history including 2 years here, the other is conjecture based on that fact.

The only questions are, is there enough evidence to rid us of him, and would we be foolish enough to allow the guy who thought it'd be a good idea to hire him, be involved in replacing him?

Answers, based on what I'm reading is No and Yes

my answers- no-not yet, and hell no.

19 hours ago, lo country said:

I think it was Oregon choosing to play ball control and not "lose" the game.  They played into the strength of the D which was stopping the run.  No doubt IMHO, that Diaco was brought in to stop B1G teams.  Not spread teams.  Passing teams will and have eaten us alive in 2 games.  We've proved to stop the run or is it like 2015, why run when you can put up playstation numbers against our secondary?

They missed the FG and had some dropped passes.  But to your question, the staff had a part in the 2nd half.  The also owned the first half.  I have no idea why a defensive guru can't make in game adjustments and seeing us getting our collective a$$ kicked with the short routes again and again and refused to pull the DB's up.(again)  Charles Jackson is like 6'2 210 lbs.  Thats a big a$$ corner.  Let him press and mess up those screens and timing routes.  Like Marvin Sanders said, play press and push em down or  out of bounds.  Either way they aren't catching balls......

Taggert said going into halftime that he wouldn't do that, that they would keep the pedal down.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

But Knapp, that doesn't feed into the narrative that the coaches don't coach or adjust, the players didnt pull it together.  It has no place here.

44 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Taggert said going into halftime that he wouldn't do that, that they would keep the pedal down.

Here is a contrast in two halves...

One scored 42 points and one didn't.

First half Oregon 25 passes  (21-25) 19 rushes 

Second half Oregon 8 passes 25 rushes

Not really a narrative.  Just looking at something like actual play calling, it appears they hung 42 on us by destroying us with passing and low and behold they went to ball control and conservative in the 2nd half.  I think that 21 completions shows they had great success in the 1st half....Why abandon that?

So their coach said he didn't  pull off the gas. What'd you expect him to say?  We were kicking their a$$ so bad, I figure I'd coast in the 2nd half and my carelessness almost cost us a game and got us A&M'ed?  

If we did that all by simple adjustments where were they the first half of this game and all of last weeks?

• Plus1 2

It was obvious Oregon went conservative in the 2nd half.

It was obvious the Husker players played hard.

Both of these things are true.

I'll hold off giving credit to Bob for changing up what isn't working until I see it carry over to next week, when a team isn't nursing a huge lead.  Not that Bob needs my credit.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was obvious Oregon went conservative in the 2nd half.

It was obvious the Husker players played hard.

Both these things are true.

I'll hold off giving credit to Bob for changing up what isn't working until I see it carry over to next week, when a team isn't nursing a huge lead.  Not that Bob needs my credit.

If NIU gets out to a fast start and is nursing a huge lead it's on you, not Bob, now for jinxing it. 

Wood-Floor_shutterstock_146879384.jpg

Knock please.

• Plus1 1