What does MR need to do to earn back your TRUST?

SECHusker

3 minutes ago, FTW said:

There's no need to panic look PSU rebounded last year to win the conference. Can Nebraska do it? At this point, I will say no. We have no where near the athletes or coaches to right this ship in that direction. I say MR needs to make a bowl game to keep his job. A losing season and I believe he will be fired. Like Osborne said to Callahan, there's not many 6-6 seasons around here let alone losing seasons. This standard has to be upheld. We are not Michigan State. We cannot afford to have a 3-9 season.

no we are not Michigan State, that'd imply we have someone in the AD's office without his head up his ass

• Plus1 1

Eh, he already used his sacrificial lamb card with Banker.  You should only get one of those (and really, position coaches? Get outta here).  This is the staff he wanted.  It's all on him now.

I like Mike and I struggle to say anything negative about him. It's like yelling at your grandpa.  I just think this is it for him.  He probably won't be here next season.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Eh, he already used his sacrificial lamb card with Banker.  You should only get one of those.  This is the staff he wanted.  It's all on him now.

I like Mike and I struggle to say anything negative about him. It's like yelling at your grandpa.  I just think this is it for him.  He probably won't be here next season.

It's like when you see Grandpa doing dangerous things while driving and know he shouldn't be driving anymore, but you don't know how to tell him.

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Some of you are ridiculous. Everyone is back on the wagon if we win the West, compete in the title game and win a nice bowl. Very unlikely this happens at this point, but if it did most Husker fans would forget all about this non con fiasco 

Duh? Winning solves everything.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Eh, he already used his sacrificial lamb card with Banker.  You should only get one of those.  This is the staff he wanted.  It's all on him now.

if eikhorst is here next season we'd better hope mike is here.....can you imagine eikhorst next hire??? we can't let this idiot hire another nice guy loser

• Plus1 1

Realistically? Nothing.

If they won 9 or 10 games this year with no blowouts, that would put Riley in my good graces. But there's absolutely zero evidence that will happen. I don't think they could win more than 6-7 games and that seems like a stretch at this point. They excel at nothing and are boring to watch. Those two factors combined are tough to overcome.

• Plus1 2

Just now, The Dude said:

You're not mad at us, you're mad at the events that transpired on the football field today.  That's okay.

I'm not even mad. I don't think we will do well the rest of the year and I think Rileys days here are now numbered. That being said the people here saying nothing he can do short of resigning are being hyperbolic. We win the west and none of this is that big of a deal anymore. 

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

Win the West and play in the BIG championship.  Up to the coaches and players now.  We have looked like s%!t the first 3 games.  But the conference play is still ahead of us.  I think the chances are less than 5% but I would be the first to say I am wrong if this happens.  

you wouldn't be wrong you'd just be like the guy who won the lottery