Simple: Will Riley be back for a 4th year?

teachercd

Just now, alwayshusking said:

We aren't paying Riley that much and are getting around a 30 million dollar bump in revenue this year with the Big Ten media contract.

Do you really think that after nearly 15 years of knee jerk reactions by the athletic department AND the BOR's, that fans are going to continue to donate and spend $?  There is an end to the gravy train.  

3 minutes ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

Yes, Riley will be back next season, without question (and rightly so).

Rightly so?  Do you see Nebraska trending UPwards?  1 win (which they were very fortunate to get) in the last 5 tries.  Someone said in another thread that they were 11 yards away from being 0-3.  I see a trend, but not one that includes asking a coach back for year.

Just now, krc1995 said:

Do you really think that after nearly 15 years of knee jerk reactions by the athletic department AND the BOR's, that fans are going to continue to donate and spend $?  There is an end to the gravy train.  

I'm not sure of your point. Are you saying donations go down if we fire Riley? I might argue the other way.

My personal opinion is that Solich was the only knee jerk reaction.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

one things for sure fan's won't spend money to see us consistently lose to teams like NIU

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

one things for sure fan's won't spend money to see us consistently lose to teams like NIU

They certainly wont but you can't keep buying out contracts and firing coaches.  For one thing, we can never quite catch up with recruiting if keep firing guys.  We're going to have to ride Riley down.  

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

They certainly wont but you can't keep buying out contracts and firing coaches.  For one thing, we can never quite catch up with recruiting if keep firing guys.  We're going to have to ride Riley down.  

Yes we can, when we're making significantly more money than we were before. 

Of course, this isn't ideal...but then again, no one held Eichorst accountable for not actually doing a legitimate coaching search...so...

• Plus1 1