Simple: Will Riley be back for a 4th year?

teachercd

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Yes we can, when we're making significantly more money than we were before. 

Of course, this isn't ideal...but then again, no one held Eichorst accountable for not actually doing a legitimate coaching search...so...

Isn't "fire" a strong word?  Maybe with all of our money we can help Riley decide to "retire."  

1 minute ago, obert1 said:

trying to remember was there another option at time of riley hire?

Not that the fans are aware of.  I was so excited for that press conference too.  When  Riley was announced as NC, I was like "wait, who?" It was a very underwhelming experience.  

Would anyone question if a hypnotist was suddenly put on staff?

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, obert1 said:

trying to remember was there another option at time of riley hire?

None that Eichorst entertained or interviewed. Riley was his sole interview and hire because Eichorst wanted to bring him on as a head coach at one of his previous jobs.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The Athletic Dept has money coming out their arse. Those extensions won't stop anything.

I don't know if money can actually fix this in the short term and if its not fixed in the short term, there won't be any more surplus.  Does the coach even matter that much?  

I have seen nothing to think Riley is "the guy", but it has to happen organically.  If he only wins 6 games, he should be gone because of that.  But if he somehow pulls out 9 ugly wins, NU needs to keep him.   Where NU failed, with Solich and Pelini, is not letting things run the course.  If Solich and Pelini really were not the answers it would have showed the next seasons and given validity to the coaching changes.  Instead, NU has been left reaching for a rookie coach and a .500 coach looking for a last shot.  NU limits its options by setting less than ideal terms for hiring.

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Seriously?

Yeah seriously.  We're tried out all sorts of guys in the last decade: the narcissist/aloof guy, the psychotic emotional disaster guy, and now the nice guy.  The result doesn't seem to change much except we get worse talent then the regime before.