Simple: Will Riley be back for a 4th year?

teachercd

12 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

None that Eichorst entertained or interviewed. Riley was his sole interview and hire because Eichorst wanted to bring him on as a head coach at one of his previous jobs.

Yeah, fired Pelini on Sunday. Met with Riley on Monday or Tuesday. Hammered out a deal by Thurs night and announced on Friday I believe. Crazy.

No one saw it coming, likely for good reason.

I think if he gets to 6 wins and a bowl he'll save his job.  But at this time this is  a very difficult task.  Losses are coming vs. OSU, Wisky, and Ped State.  I also think Purdue and Minny likely beat us (pissed at how easy it is for other teams to change coaches and have instant success).  Iowa is a toss-up.  So we need to win the next 2 games vs Rutgers and Illinois.  I say we beat Northwestern. So we have to have wins vs. Rutgers, Illinois, and Northwestern.  That only gets us to 4 wins.  Holy crap.  Plus a couple of these losses are likely blow outs.  We have to get serious about a plan B (Stoops as AD and a new coach like Frost, Aranda, or ?).    

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

They certainly wont but you can't keep buying out contracts and firing coaches.  For one thing, we can never quite catch up with recruiting if keep firing guys.  We're going to have to ride Riley down.  

recruiting isn't the problem- ask the coach who just beat us how many 4 stars he had on his team

For what it's worth, I don't think Riley will be back and I hope he isn't. The ginger assassin speaking today is not a good sign. If he had to consider where Iowa was at for Pelini, there is no way in hell he can apply that same logic to Northern Illinois and come to and different conclusion. The only real question is if Eichorst will have the opportunity to make the change or if it will be his replacement. I'm guessing the latter.