Is Mike Riley married to Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

38 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Great strategy  - so NU has 2 scoring drives and ILL does the same.  Let's bring in a QB that hasn't played yet - that should turn out well.

The odds of that happening are extremely slim. And yes, if that's part of the game plan then you still go forward with it. It's really not that novel of an idea.

On 9/24/2017 at 3:33 PM, krc1995 said:

The same was insinuated about ozigbo.  Sometimes you have to try. 

It's not at all strange or unexpected. Riley came in and went two seasons with Pelini's recruits. That was a struggle, particularly when those recruits came to NU as Pelini's faithful. That obviously didn't pan out (e.g., Armstrong's "cancerous" effect on the team) and this year it's turning over, new players, young players, veterans mysteriously unable to play for undisclosed reasons. This is the beginning of a damned fine opportunity to finally recruit some quality athletes and move this thing along. The downside? These guys all have a LOT to learn, but good riddance to the stragglers.

1 minute ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

It's not at all strange or unexpected. Riley came in and went two seasons with Pelini's recruits. That was a struggle, particularly when those recruits came to NU as Pelini's faithful. That obviously didn't pan out (e.g., Armstrong's "cancerous" effect on the team) and this year it's turning over, new players, young players, veterans mysteriously unable to play for undisclosed reasons. This is the beginning of a damned fine opportunity to finally recruit some quality athletes and move this thing along. The downside? These guys all have a LOT to learn, but good riddance to the stragglers.

Sooo...is Weber infected?  DPE?  Brown?

Did I read this right?  Are you saying that the guys that honored their committee to the University are purposely trying to sabotage Riley's success as a coach?  They are willing to kill their own football careers to prove a point?  Wow that is some crazy thoughts right there.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, teachercd said:

Sooo...is Weber infected?  DPE?  Brown?

Not all, not all, but enough that it really hurt the team. Let me cite an example--DEP virtually disappeared from the team last season. What happened to that spectacular talent we saw when he first arrived? He's getting back into things this year, but he almost looks like he took a year off. Ditto with Ozigbo, several linemen, several defensive players. Now we have to play freshman and soph receivers just to find performance on the field. We have a freshman at center, a freshman starting at RT. I don't care what you say, that's a fairly good indication that the goods on the shelf have rotted.

2 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Did I read this right?  Are you saying that the guys that honored their committee to the University are purposely trying to sabotage Riley's success as a coach?  They are willing to kill their own football careers to prove a point?  Wow that is some crazy thoughts right there.  

Have you ever been on a team that changed coaches? That stuff absolutely does happen, and those guys had no careers ahead of them anyway. Guess what? Those non-performers still keep their scholarships. Did you hear about T.A.'s tweets after the game? No class at all from that guy. Did you go to the Music City Bowl? The Pelini players (a lot of them, anyway) didn't bother to even show up.

Have you ever been on a team that changed coaches? That stuff absolutely does happen. Guess what? Those non-performers still keep their scholarships. Did you hear about T.A.'s tweets after the game? No class at all from that guy.

How does this relate at all to anything.  Bo has been gone for nearly three years.  

6 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

Not all, not all, but enough that it really hurt the team. Let me cite an example--DEP virtually disappeared from the team last season. What happened to that spectacular talent we saw when he first arrived? He's getting back into things this year, but he almost looks like he took a year off. Ditto with Ozigbo, several linemen, several defensive players. Now we have to play freshman and soph receivers just to find performance on the field. We have a freshman at center, a freshman starting at RT. I don't care what you say, that's a fairly good indication that the goods on the shelf have rotted.

I can't love this post more.

11 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

Have you ever been on a team that changed coaches? That stuff absolutely does happen, and those guys had no careers ahead of them anyway. Guess what? Those non-performers still keep their scholarships. Did you hear about T.A.'s tweets after the game? No class at all from that guy. Did you go to the Music City Bowl? The Pelini players (a lot of them, anyway) didn't bother to even show up.

Yup happened to Harbaugh at Michigan couldn't get the guys to buy in they're still struggling. Purdue under a new coach this season Brohm has them playing at an all time low.

Cant expect new coaches to come in and have the previous coaches guys play well or his own guys either.

Nope to hard.

• Plus1 3

Remember that perfectly planned plot...I do...it was last season when the infected players got together behind closed doors and first hatched the idea...

TA:  "Guys, guys, listen up...(scratches infected skin for a moment)...I figured it out, the ultimate revenger.  We are going to start the season 7-0 and get everyones hopes up...then we are going to tank the rest of the season starting with a great comeback but overtime loss at Wisconsin.  The fans will never see it coming.  Hip hip hooray!"

10 hours ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

dpe was coming off an injury, didnt have his usual confidence. ozigbo is a riley recruit. have been short-handed in the receiving corps under riley, but that is probably more due to riley wanting more receivers. and both the freshman center and rt are backups to upperclassmen.

not sure the point of this post but at some point you have to just move on.