Is Mike Riley married to Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The fumbles were mostly stupid ones too. A lot of them happened when he thought the play was over and it wasn't. Those were the ones he usually recovered.

I kinda hate thinking about that era of Husker football because if he hadn't been injured... damn. I think we would've had 1 loss. (Although he could've been injured in a later game).

The first year that kid played I was so freaking excited about him. His push button acceleration was really something to behold. The chronic foot and ankle issues really took their toll and that burst was gone in the later years even when he was "healthy". He wasn't good enough as a pure passer to offset the loss of his burst potential. But I always liked the kid. 

On 9/28/2017 at 5:33 PM, 4skers89 said:

Very discouraging reading stories like this one about Aggies freshman QB

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/130322/is-kellen-mond-the-qb-to-save-texas-ams-season 

It seems like a long time since we've had any kind of improbable success story. More often when things appear they should go well it ends in disappointment. Reading the story I'd say the coaches played a big part in his success.

Not sure what you're getting at here.  Mond is playing a lot due to the starting QB getting injured and A&M having no other real depth around him.  A&M has been a carousel of transfers when it comes to QBs.  Also, Sumlin differs from Riley in that he regularly does a 2 QB rotation.  Lastly, I wouldn't say Mond is an 'improbable success story' he was a consensus 4 star recruit out of HS and was ranked as a top 3 dual threat QB.  

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/112251/how-they-got-here-a-texas-am-qb-timeline

On 9/29/2017 at 8:21 AM, Enhance said:

In regards to Martinez, some of my most memorable images of him involve him running the football, getting hit awkwardly and seemingly just dropping the ball at this feet. Whether he was coached to do it or he was doing it himself, he didn't get tackled well. It's like he would get rigid.

I dig into our offensive/defensive lines a lot when criticizing the current state of Husker football, and they're still a big deal, but it's been a long time since we had a quarterback who protected the ball well.

Same here. I think in his Sophomore or Junior year I was really wanting them to put him through running back drills. It seemed like it would be worth his/our time to do it one practice per week during fall camp. He could sprint with the best of them but when there was any chance of getting hit he curled up instead of plowing through the defender.