Nebraska Home Night Streak

BIG ERN

14 minutes ago, Undone said:

By the way @Landlord, pretty awesome to see your highlight video with over 60,000 views from that game. Just watched it again now.

One of the best quotes from that night was Matt Davison saying, "That's how you deal with a bully; back 'em down, drive it down the field, and stick it in the end zone."

Yeah for some reason that one has always been about 10x more popular than any other video I've done. I miss making them, but probably won't again until we have a season to remember.

2 hours ago, FTW said:

Saturday reminds me of the 2009 game @ home under the lights vs. Oklahoma. Neither team was flashy that year save for our defense.

We need the crowd to roar all night long. The players will feed off this energy because they don't have a head coach that'll light a fire under their collective asses. There is something about Memorial Stadium under the lights with 85k+ it's a college football player's dream. This is why they came here -- for games like this, to live in these moments. Take care of Wisconsin, stay humble and then put the Buckeyes in your sights for another home night game.

I agree with you for the most part FTW.  Agree 100% with needing the crowd to roar all night.  What separated the Miami game from other night games (MSU comes to mind) is there was almost a hostility to the crowd that I haven't seen too often with maybe the exception of Texas.  It wasn't a bloodlust per se, but man it was close.  I'd love to see THAT crowd again on Saturday night.  Riley may be a dead man walking, he may get another year.  Regardless of our personal feelings towards him, we as fans owe the team our best with what we can control.  Nebraska is going to need a herculean effort to win on Saturday.  

24 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I agree with you for the most part FTW.  Agree 100% with needing the crowd to roar all night.  What separated the Miami game from other night games (MSU comes to mind) is there was almost a hostility to the crowd that I haven't seen too often with maybe the exception of Texas.  It wasn't a bloodlust per se, but man it was close.  I'd love to see THAT crowd again on Saturday night.  Riley may be a dead man walking, he may get another year.  Regardless of our personal feelings towards him, we as fans owe the team our best with what we can control.  Nebraska is going to need a herculean effort to win on Saturday.  

I don't know if there was hostility at that MSU upset game or if there has ever been serious hostility from our fans. I think it's more urgency than anything else. Urgency to win at all costs in this 'what have you done lately for me?' world.

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

FTW you missed the point dude - the history of Miami was what caused NU fans to not be so NU like.  The Miami players could have helped us off the field every play and shook our hands after every play and they were going to get booed.   BRB remembers as many of us do how the teams from 70's 80's 90's for Miami played and acted.

I didn't miss the point. Clearly you did not read my last sentence when you quoted me, lol but, it's OK. Don't get too worked up bro.

The only other time I can remember the crowd being anything close to nasty was 2013 Michigan State. There was a bad call towards the end of the 4th quarter, and the student section booed the refs nonstop for something like 15 minutes when you combine the end of the quarter, the commercial break between quarters, and the first little while of the 4th. Then there was something else that caused some more boos and the whole thing started all over again.

It was pretty hilarious actually.

3 hours ago, FTW said:

I don't know if there was hostility at that MSU upset game or if there has ever been serious hostility from our fans. I think it's more urgency than anything else. Urgency to win at all costs in this 'what have you done lately for me?' world.

You missed my point a bit.  

The MSU crowd was loud.  

The Miami crowd was loud, hostile and nasty.

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Again

October 31, 1992

Halloween Massacre

Blue hairs dropping f bombs.  

I'm a youngin' so ya, get outta here with your folktales ;) are you sure you weren't tipping the bottle a bit too much?

On occasion, I will watch old games on YouTube to see what all the fuss was about :D it's like watching Wisconsin of the 2010's generation.

21 minutes ago, FTW said:

I'm a youngin' so ya, get outta here with your folktales ;) are you sure you weren't tipping the bottle a bit too much?

On occasion, I will watch old games on YouTube to see what all the fuss was about :D it's like watching Wisconsin of the 2010's generation.

I was 13.  That was a great game.  Something about not beating the Buffs in three years, Coach Mac, and being Halloween brought out a great evil in that stadium.  Non stop booing of the Buffs, f bombs to their team and fans, you name it.  Little Detmer was thrown around like a ragdoll.  The greatest fans in College football went to a dark place and made it amazing

Tossing this here, since it's the most relevant active thread. Mike Leach, when talking about how loud Oregon's stadium is:

“Oklahoma is louder, [Texas] A&M is louder, Texas is on the bubble,” Leach said. “Nebraska is definitely louder. LSU is louder. I never went to Alabama. We beat Alabama, but it was at Kentucky.

“Depending whether or not you add the cowbells, Mississippi State is comparable,” Leach added. “Georgia is louder, Florida is louder. Definitely that one end zone at South Carolina is louder. Tennessee is louder.”

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/watch-mike-leach-can-lists-9-specific-stadiums-louder-oregons/

• Plus1 3