***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

9 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I believe, unfortunately, we played about as well as this team can play.  We are not good enough and until we upgrade our talent and skil, particularly in the lines, we are not going to improve much.   A great coach can't make us bigger, stronger and faster although he may make us smarter.  

In that we did play our best, Riley probably actually did his job well tonight.   There were several critical play calls that just weren't right but we hit several others.   Overall, we did our best as a team but - we are not good enough to beat Wisconsin more than once in 10 tries.   Next week will be a point spread of maybe 30.   

Recruiting talent falls directly on the coaching staff.

11 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

Yes, another "brilliant" idea from a forum poster guy. Great idea. Let's fire this coach and hire some other guy that's a former Husker player to send recruiting back into yet another tailspin. I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . it's all about recruiting. We need consistency in our program to reliably recruit the best players. This game tonight only illustrated that Whiskey had the best offensive linemen in the Big 10. Our new defensive alignment didn't have the beef yet to compete. They might if we keep our coaching staff in place, but dumb Husker fans are like corporate shareholders. They only look at short term gains and don't plan for the long term. Given the intellect of the most vocal Husker fans, I predict yet another s#!tstorm and another firing on our road to eventual Iowa State status by 2020. 

Did someone take a shot of tequila every time Wisconsin ran the ball?  ;-)

4 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Recruiting talent falls directly on the coaching staff.

Exactly my point. We are essentially now playing with only 2 years of athletes recruited by staff. You seem to have forgotten about how horrible Pelini's recruits have turned out. This is a VERY young team. For pete's sake, let them develop a team.

Bob Stoops was brought into OU after several coaches failed.  OU was firing everyone after just a couple of years.  I think at least 3 coaches in 7 years?  Bob Stoops came in and in year 2, won the whole darn thing.  I am not saying that is Frost.  I am not saying that it isn't either.  Saban entered Alabama after numerous failed attempts by several coaches.  He won in year 2.  Those are the big time guys, but thats improvement thats noticeable.  Its more about finding the right fit, over firing the wrong fit.

Once you get the right guy, it doesn't matter how many wrong ones it took.  The right one will change things in a hurry.  

14 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

Yes, another "brilliant" idea from a forum poster guy. Great idea. Let's fire this coach and hire some other guy that's a former Husker player to send recruiting back into yet another tailspin. I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . it's all about recruiting. We need consistency in our program to reliably recruit the best players. This game tonight only illustrated that Whiskey had the best offensive linemen in the Big 10. Our new defensive alignment didn't have the beef yet to compete. They might if we keep our coaching staff in place, but dumb Husker fans are like corporate shareholders. They only look at short term gains and don't plan for the long term. Given the intellect of the most vocal Husker fans, I predict yet another s#!tstorm and another firing on our road to eventual Iowa State status by 2020. 

Do you honestly believe this staff is going to take any talent and turn it into a consistent winner? MR is a career .500 coach. He's that short term and long term. 

Iowa State beat Oklahoma today. I think having their current status would be an substantial upgrade from where we are right now. Maybe using them as an as an example does reflect "dumb Husker fans". 

2 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Your idea would be to continue to get our ass kicked over and over?  I can't and won't accept that.

Your "lack of acceptance" is exactly the reason we are now in a state of perpetual rebuilding. The only parameters for a head coach should be quality of hiring staff and acquiring recruits. The idea of a Fearless Leader that somehow makes diamonds out of coal simply doesn't work. It's all about the athletes on the field.

1 minute ago, 3rd and long said:

Do you honestly believe this staff is going to take any talent and turn it into a consistent winner? MR is a career .500 coach. He's that short term and long term. 

Iowa State beat Oklahoma today. I think having their current status would be an substantial upgrade from where we are right now. Maybe using them as an as an example does reflect "dumb Husker fans". 

Okay, let's hire the Iowa State coach. He must be truly excellent! LOL

Wanted him to win, but thinking Riley is gone.  Hit the reset button on this 2018 class ranked in the 30's and let's go get frost. Would hate to lose some guys on board but we are going the wrong direction year 3.  A bowl game will be a dog fight for us to reach this year.   Iowa will run for 200 on us and we have toss up games against nw,  Minn,  and Purdue.  It isn't about recruiting rankings, it is about recruiting guys to fit your system.   

Just now, Vitalis Jackson said:

Your "lack of acceptance" is exactly the reason we are now in a state of perpetual rebuilding. The only parameters for a head coach should be quality of hiring staff and acquiring recruits. The idea of a Fearless Leader that somehow makes diamonds out of coal simply doesn't work. It's all about the athletes on the field.

The athletes on the field tonight, got there arse kicked.  What is your point.  Its not hard to rebuild nothing into something at this point.  We don't have enough talent either here or coming in to make that big of a change.  Were still looking at a 6-6 team next year.  I guarantee with Frost we are still 6-6 or better with positive feedback on all levels.  So why not change now.  

4 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

I give you you one name. Langsdorf. 

1 minute ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Why would we do that

It seems to be the Nebraska Way these days. 

Just now, Nebhawk said:

The athletes on the field tonight, got there arse kicked.  What is your point.  Its not hard to rebuild nothing into something at this point.  We don't have enough talent either here or coming in to make that big of a change.  Were still looking at a 6-6 team next year.  I guarantee with Frost we are still 6-6 or better with positive feedback on all levels.  So why not change now.  

Not my zoo, not my monkeys. Have at it. I'm sure your way will work. LOL