***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Nebhawk said:

When you see players hanging there head before we even  go down by 21, there is issues with belief in a system.  The players know whats coming.  

The players/team played hard.   IF they would have played this hard against NIU and Oregon, this might have been our first loss of the season, instead of 3rd.  I know Riley needs to go, but the players haven't really done alot for themselves.  Like I said, if we played this hard all season, this would have been our first loss.  WE need complete rebuild.

I agree with this, but it's a lot of everything. The defense got worn out by a tougher line and the offensive strategy is fluky.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

The arm tackles and diving on D was an attempt to minimize the impact of getting trucked for 3 series and over 175 yards on the ground.  They might not have given up, bt they stopped trying as hard when they started getting punched repeatedly.

It's what we used to do to every team we played....we lack depth and size. The offense is a sporadic passing game that gets lucky once in a while.

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

A lot of the staff has been with Scott since Northern Iowa....some from Oregon.  The currently run a 3-4....Not saying the rumor is true, but there is some continuity to his staff..

Do you honestly think Scott Frost is the answer?

I don't ask that to imply that he isn't, just curious to know your personal belief.

I think a lot of people are putting their hopes on him, maybe I'm just more conservative than others, but I personally am not "sold" on the idea that he is the answer.

I agree that early returns are awesome, and definitely encouraging, but he is only in year 2, right? I'm just uneasy at the thought of hiring Frost with a body of work that only spans two years. At the end of the day, what does that really tell us?

• Plus1 1

We're Oregon State on the backside of Mike Riley. Maybe upset one team we're not supposed to beat, but mostly take it on the chin.

I feel sorry for MR, because he's a geniune nice guy, but he also looks he's looking for Waldo in the crowd. I think he's out of touch because if he wasn't at some point he would stop Dorf from his play calling. After all, Dorf's season as OC for the Giants took Eli's numbers down from the previous season.

We could need to replace all of it.  Players and coaching staff.  I don't see any Husker fire or passion.  Sure, Bucky Badger wore us out.  Sure they have a tremendous running game.  We all knew that.  Like I was saying, this loss goes on everyone though.  

Hey, Harbaugh might be available!

2 minutes ago, speedtoburn said:

I don't ask that to imply that he isn't, just curious to know your personal belief.

I think a lot of people are putting their hopes on him, maybe I'm just more conservative than others, but I personally am not "sold" on the idea that he is the answer.

I agree that early returns are awesome, and definitely encouraging, but he is only in year 2, right? I'm just uneasy at the thought of hiring Frost with a body of work that only spans two years. At the end of the day, what does that really tell us?

I'll take a risky move with high ceiling and potentially have it blow up in our face as opposed to a retread whos a career 500 coach.

I get the skepticism with the frost love since it seems like we're only considering him because of his tied to Nebraska but I assure you, many other big time programs have Frost on their radar based off what he's put together in his very short stint as the HC.  We need to have a complete search to get the right candidate- we shouldn't hire Frost simply because he's a Husker guy but we also shouldn't rule him out either because he's a husker guy... if that makes sense.  F, my mind is muddled after yet another dud....

6 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Hey don't be mad at me, be mad at the people responsible for this crappy loss.

You're the kind of poster that ruins this board.  Whenever we lose you come around and post s#!tty meme or some hot take.

I sure hope there is somthing left in this team.  We should actually forfeit next week and avoid playing the game.   Or perhaps we can find a way to close the airport and maybe Ohio State flies to Denver and plays the broncos instead.  We can schedule Hastings College instead.   We gonna need to find three more wins in order to get back to the Farmer Bowl again,.   

Just now, TonyStalloni said:

I  assume you are calling the Husker team "fucing" losers?  Please lay off the Booz.  You either can't spell or you're too drunk to see or you're a pitiful "fan."  Any one of those three makes you the real loser.

Don't engage the special ones

7 minutes ago, speedtoburn said:

It tells us he’s better than Riley. Riley has had three years with all resources available and still can’t put a product on the field we can be prod of. Frost did it in two