*** Poll: Halfway through, how do we finish the year? ***

How does NU finish the season (Currently 3-3)  

133 members have voted

1. 1. What's NU's record the last 6 games

• 6-0 (Finish 9-3)
    • 5-1 (Finish 8-4)
    • 4-2 (Finish 7-5)
    • 3-3 (Finish 6-6)
    • 2-4 (Finish 5-7)
    • 1-5 (Finish 4-8)
    • 0-6 (Finish 3-9)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/14/2017 at 11:00 PM

I'm still going to root for the Huskers every Saturday, feel good about great plays and players, and not call any win they pull off "meaningless" because it clearly means something to the players, especially when the fans appear to have given up on the team. 

As a betting man, I'm not optimistic. As a fan, I'm trying not to be a dick about it. 

Better times are ahead. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Isle of View said:

Over 2/3 of the voters are predicting a losing season at the halfway point.  Ouch.

It's not a huge leap of faith to get to 5-7.  NU currently sits at 3-3, with almost sure losses to Ohio State and Penn State.  Of the remaining 4 games, I would put NU even in terms of athletes and coaching with them.  So, I figured NU goes 2-2 among those 4 teams.

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

As a betting man, I'm not optimistic. As a fan, I'm trying not to be a dick about it. 

Better times are ahead. 

Are your sure?  We are approaching 20 years of "better times are ahead" and we continue to spin down the drain.  Geeze, Golly, Shucks

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Are your sure?  We are approaching 20 years of "better times are ahead" and we continue to spin down the drain.  Geeze, Golly, Shucks

20 years ago we had just won our third NC in four years, so "better times ahead" was virtually impossible. 

There was nowhere to go but down. It will happen to Alabama and Ohio State, too. Let them enjoy it while they can. 

And if the last 10 years represent the dregs of Husker football, it was good enough to place us as 19th winningest program in the nation during that stretch.

Never said it couldn't get worse. Just saying better times are ahead. 

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

20 years ago we had just won our third NC in four years, so "better times ahead" was virtually impossible. 

There was nowhere to go but down. It will happen to Alabama and Ohio State, too. Let them enjoy it while they can. 

And if the last 10 years represent the dregs of Husker football, it was good enough to place us as 19th winningest program in the nation during that stretch.

Never said it couldn't get worse. Just saying better times are ahead. 

Not to derail the thread, but do you think Ohio State will suffer a similar fate as Florida when it gets Urbaned?

19 hours ago, junior4949 said:

Not to derail the thread, but do you think Ohio State will suffer a similar fate as Florida when it gets Urbaned?

Probably. It happens to every program. Then Ohio State will come back with a different coach, maybe a couple coaches down the line, and Florida will, too. 

Keep in mind that Urban's record at Florida was an improvement over Ron Zook's 3 previous seasons, but Steve Spurrier had already set the high bar for the program Urban inherited. And Urban handed off an 8-5 Florida team to Will Muschamp, who posted an 11 win season two seasons later, then got fired after a 7-5 season. So far McElwain has won two SEC divisional titles in his two four loss seasons, so if that's "suffering" it's a pretty hard fate to avoid.