Racism - It's a real thing.

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You must be racist for questioning if this is an acceptable term. As of 2016 use of this word is considered discrimanatory. :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/43medm/the-words-oriental-and-negro-can-no-longer-be-used-in-us-federal-laws

I don’t think anyone should use the actual N word, but I don’t think Black people who use it are racist.

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You must be racist for questioning if this is an acceptable term. As of 2016 use of this word is considered discrimanatory. :)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/43medm/the-words-oriental-and-negro-can-no-longer-be-used-in-us-federal-laws

I was joking because I figured I missed something. ....now I find out you were serious. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t think anyone should use the actual N word, but I don’t think Black people who use it are racist.

I dont even think its good for blacks to call each other that in interviews or songs. It just keeps that offensive word alive. Regardless Don Lemon should have condemned it and not laughed about the use of the word or the insult to Wests ability to read/intellect. 

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I dont even think its good for blacks to call each other that in interviews or songs. It just keeps that offensive word alive. Regardless Don Lemon should have condemned it and not laughed about the use of the word or the insult to Wests ability to read/intellect. 

If you really feel this way about the N word, are you also going to condemn Kanye for using it to refer to Black people in his music?

Because that's what this is all about. Getting your "other side" people to either condemn the news station the Cons have been trying to discredit for decades, or If they won't, to prove to yourself that they are bad.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If you really feel this way about the N word, are you also going to condemn Kanye for using it to refer to Black people in his music?

Because that's what this is all about. Getting your "other side" people to either condemn the news station the Cons have been trying to discredit for decades, or If they won't, to prove to yourself that they are bad.

Yes I condemn Kanye and all rappers for using in their music. But CNN when further suggesting he could not read and calling him a token negro.  Should advertisers be pulled from Don Lemons show?

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I just said if Kanye or any rapper is using this word I condemn it. Do you agree that Don Lemon should be reprimanded or advertisers should be pulled from his show?

Oh, so never until just asked about it. Got it.

Advertisers can do what they want. If people don't support the advertisers actions they'll stop buying their products. If they do, Lemon may be fired.

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes I condemn Kanye and all rappers for using in their music. But CNN when further suggesting he could not read and calling him a token negro.  Should advertisers be pulled from Don Lemons show?

Let's add some context to the comment "Kanye West is what happens when negroes don't read."

“Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed,” West said. “I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph.

“I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life,” he said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-kanyewest/proud-non-reader-kanye-west-turns-author-idUSTRE54P5L820090526

So here's what's real interesting about this whole Kanye West thing.

We're all talking about it. We care enough to post and respond to each other and read about it. Kanye West visiting the White House is a hot story and as such we're all interested and spending energy towards it. 

But Kanye West wasn't the only one invited to the White House. Jim Brown was there sitting right next to him. The same Jim Brown who's been arrested and charged and had accusations of assault/rape/terrorist threats/etc. MANY times. 

In 1965, Brown was charged with assault and battery after an 18-year-old woman alleged he forced her to have sex. He was acquitted by a jury. 

In 1969, Brown was charged with assaulting a man over a traffic incident. He was acquitted. 

In 1971, he was charged with battering two women. Both women chose not to testify. 

In 1978, he spent a day in jail after beating a golfing partner. 

In 1985, charges of rape, sexual battery, and assault against Brown were dropped after the 33-year-old woman who made the claims gave inconsistent testimony. 

In 1986, Brown went to jail for allegedly beating his 21-year-old fiancée. A few days later, she informed authorities that she didn't want to press charges. 

And in 1999, Brown was convicted after working out his frustrations on his 25-year-old wife's car. She previously claimed he was violent and abusive, but later testified that that was not true. 

And here we all are, not paying much of any attention at all. Because we're too busy worrying about how big of a problematic doofus Kanye West is and how incompetent Trump is for meeting with him. While this guy has the President's ear in the Oval Office.