Racism - It's a real thing.

There's a group in the wrong here, but it's probably not who you think it is...

*Warning: lot's of vulgar language*

1:12:00 is about the time when Phillips approaches but they can be heard beating their drums at the beginning of the video too, well before the students show up. Maybe did a lap around the mall? They walked up to the students, but it looks like the students may have surrounded them, though not in a hostile manor. Make up your own mind.

Edited by ZRod

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

There's a group in the wrong here, but it's probably not who you think it is...

*Warning: lot's of vulgar language*

1:12:00 is about the time when Phillips approaches but they can be heard beating their drums at the beginning of the video too, well before the students show up. Maybe did a lap around the mall? They walked up to the students, but it looks like the students may have surrounded them, though not in a hostile manor. Make up your own mind.

From that, it is pretty clear that the kids were enjoying the drumming and that the dudes doing the drumming were enjoying getting the kids into it.

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

From that, it is pretty clear that the kids were enjoying the drumming and that the dudes doing the drumming were enjoying getting the kids into it.

Did you watch this with your eyes closed?  You didn’t see at all how the students were instigating the matter with the 5 African Americans?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

Did you watch this with your eyes closed?  You didn’t see at all how the students were instigating the matter with the 5 African Americans?

First of all, don't talk to me like that.  I did not talk to you like that.  Thank you

Secondly, I went right to the 120 part since this topic is about that.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

First of all, don't talk to me like that.  I did not talk to you like that.  Thank you

Secondly, I went right to the 120 part since this topic is about that.  

That’s funny.  You were one of the ones that was talking about people drawing conclusions based on original video and then you skip to one part of a video to draw a conclusion.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

That’s funny.  You were one of the ones that was talking about people drawing conclusions based on original video and then you skip to one part of a video to draw a conclusion.

I appreciate you thinking I am funny, thank you.

That video is an hour and 46 minutes long.  He posted it 16 minutes ago and you somehow watched it all?  You must have a sweet internet connection.  My AOL dial up is slow, lots of buffering. 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I appreciate you thinking I am funny, thank you.

That video is an hour and 46 minutes long.  He posted it 16 minutes ago and you somehow watched it all?  You must have a sweet internet connection.  My AOL dial up is slow, lots of buffering. 

It’s not difficult to move to the part where the students show up and go from there.  

• Fire 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, you didn't watch the entire thing either and then yelled at me for not watching the entire thing.  

Fair enough, at least we both admitted it.  

Not sure I intimated that the entire video needed watching.  You just skipped to a part further in the video than I did and drew a “pretty clear” assumption of the kids “enjoying the drumming”

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Not sure I intimated that the entire video needed watching.  You just slipped to a part further in the video than I did and drew a “pretty clear” assumption of the kids “enjoying the drumming”

I felt you did but no big deal.  

Around the 117 mark the dude lets the students know that everything they have is because of slavery, and that their houses and mortgages and college educations come on the backs of slaves (or something like that)...then a good portion of the students start to go "Ohhhhhhhhh" and then some other dude tells them to back up and stuff.  Literally just looks/sounds like people arguing about stupid stuff, not really instigating.

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

The comment about going back to Europe was in response to something the kid behind him said but the audio is too quiet to pick it up. But he ends his commentary with "so get out of my face with that sh**."  Based on the reply I'd guess the kid told him to go back to where he came from, but he shouldn't have responded that way. The guy with the drum claims he was trying to diffuse a situation that was happening before with another group and the kids and that's why he approached. (He said that before the video showing him approaching was released).

So you're going to assume what the kid said to provoke the "go back to Europe" comment, while also taking the elder man at his word that he was trying to diffuse it, despite all video suggesting otherwise? That seems like the definition of trying to fit it to your narrative.

• Thanks 1

I wish they would be more specific when they yell out where to go...like...not just Europe...but like

"Why don't you go back to Clockesnburg, just outside of Sheerwood, 15 minutes off the freeway and settle your butt back into the subdivision of Castle Creek at 12334 North Goodsen Drive"

That would get peoples attention.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I felt you did but no big deal.  

Around the 117 mark the dude lets the students know that everything they have is because of slavery, and that their houses and mortgages and college educations come on the backs of slaves (or something like that)...then a good portion of the students start to go "Ohhhhhhhhh" and then some other dude tells them to back up and stuff.  Literally just looks/sounds like people arguing about stupid stuff, not really instigating.

Being those kids are from Kentucky, the guy might be right.

But I would not recommend listening to the whole video.  Even I wanted to give the guy several eyeTrolls

• Fire 1
Just now, StPaulHusker said:

Being those kids are from Kentucky, the guy might be right.

But I would not recommend listening to the whole video.  Even I wanted to give the guy several eyeTrolls

Ha...Kentuky is pretty neckish!  Shoot years ago we were in Ohio and went over to Kentucky, I think there was an amusement park, Kings Island?  Not sure...but my god did things change from Ohio into Kentucky.