Racism - It's a real thing.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sure, but is it safe to assume that if someone is wearing a 9ers hat that they are supporting Kap and his views?

Nope it would be safe to assume they were in support of the 49ers, an organization Colin Kapernick hasn't been a part of for years. MAGA hats on the other hand are Trump campaign merch. If you can't equate a maga hat to Trump support then you are looking through rose colored glasses.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Sure, but is it safe to assume that if someone is wearing a 9ers hat that they are supporting Kap and his views?

No it's not safe to assume that.  He doesn't play football for the 49ers.  

Trying to correlate the 2, in my opinion, would be like thinking someone wearing a red shirt is in favor of the President because red is the color of the republican party.

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Nope it would be safe to assume they were in support of the 49ers, an organization Colin Kapernick hasn't been a part of for years. MAGA hats on the other hand are Trump campaign merch. If you can't equate a maga hat to Trump support then you are looking through rose colored glasses.

No...I have a Tampa Bay jersey...i don't like or support them at all but I have it.  

9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

No it's not safe to assume that.  He doesn't play football for the 49ers.  

Trying to correlate the 2, in my opinion, would be like thinking someone wearing a red shirt is in favor of the President because red is the color of the republican party.

Thank you

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

No...I have a Tampa Bay jersey...i don't like or support them at all but I have it.  

Fine but stop being obtuse. A jersey and a MAGA hat are two very different things and you know that. If I was wearing a shirt that said 'I'm with Her: Hillary 2016' its safe to assume I support Hillary Clinton. Those aren't just things you wear.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Fine but stop being obtuse. A jersey and a MAGA hat are two very different things and you know that. If I was wearing a shirt that said 'I'm with Her: Hillary 2016' its safe to assume I support Hillary Clinton. Those aren't just things you wear.

Agree, that shirt is very specific.  

Just like if I see a girl wearing a shirt that says "Sexy" 

I don't think she is sexy right away.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Once again, if you buy a MAGA article of clothing and wear it, you have made a contribution to the campaign of Donald Trump.  Therefore, you have given support to him and his ideals.  

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

The "Maga" kid/native American controversy was manufactured, and it played out, almost literally, the opposite of how it was originally reported.

Interesting development. Apparently there really are people in other countries who delight in making Americans hate each other (not that we need to outsource those jobs)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/twitter-suspends-account-that-helped-ignite-controversy-over-viral-encounter/ar-BBSz1yo?li=AA4ZnC

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Once again, if you buy a MAGA article of clothing and wear it, you have made a contribution to the campaign of Donald Trump.  Therefore, you have given support to him and his ideals.  

Sort of, I mean...I had a Nirvana shirt but I did not support drugs and suicide. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

More deflection. That sexy shirt isn't presidential campaign merch like the Maga hat is. Quit being obtuse man, there is a clear difference.

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So once again, it is on them, it is their issue to deal with.  

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Come on, teach, you're being deliberately obtuse because you don't want to admit that symbols have meaning. Wearing a MAGA hat is a political symbol.

• Plus1 4