Racism - It's a real thing.

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I guess it's a bit off topic, but it floors me that they bussed kids to DC to participate in the March for Life. I get that it's a catholic school and everything, but that's pretty heavy handed on the dogma for teenagers, isn't it?

I have no problem with this at a Catholic school.  Not sure why you do.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I guess it's a bit off topic, but it floors me that they bussed kids to DC to participate in the March for Life. I get that it's a catholic school and everything, but that's pretty heavy handed on the dogma for teenagers, isn't it?

It's a voluntary mission trip paid by the students/parents.  Pro life (conception to natural death) is one of the many ministries of the Catholic church (and other churches I assume) and is taught from a loving and prayerful perspective.  Unfortunately, when people think of pro life they associate radical anti-abortion activities with this ministry.

12 minutes ago, Creed said:

Pro life (conception to natural death) is one of the many ministries of the Catholic church (and other churches I assume) and is taught from a loving and prayerful perspective.

If only that concept was taught about ALL stages of life, not just those still in the womb, there would be a lot less grief and terror among the refugees at our border.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If only that concept was taught about ALL stages of life, not just those still in the womb, there would be a lot less grief and terror among the refugees at our border.

Do you have something to share with the class that shows the Catholic Church isn't teaching ProLife about all stages of life?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Do you have something to share with the class that shows the Catholic Church isn't teaching ProLife about all stages of life?

26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'll even throw out there that if anyone who regularly attends Mass can tell me when the Father gave a sermon about the atrocities committed at the border, and how inhumane we're treating these refugees, I'll rescind that. And it doesn't even have to include references to Matthew 19:14.

27 minutes ago, Creed said:

It's a voluntary mission trip paid by the students/parents.  Pro life (conception to natural death) is one of the many ministries of the Catholic church (and other churches I assume) and is taught from a loving and prayerful perspective.  Unfortunately, when people think of pro life they associate radical anti-abortion activities with this ministry.

The bolded made me laugh. In 12 years of Catholic school, not one time did any teacher or priest ever take a loving attitude towards the pregnant women.

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Nice snarky reply.  I normally enjoy talking football with the fine folks on this board, but apparently there are bullies here who are anti-Catholic or are intolerant of differing viewpoints (dare mention of other viewpoint is slippery slope lol). 

My teaching to the "class":  Go back a re-read my comment.  It said:  'from conception TO natural death"  that implies respect for human life at all stages of life. 

I'll be sticking to other venues where hatred isn't so prevalent with its members.  Never thought I'd get this level of bashing from Husker fans and I am sure when I sign off you'll continue the anti-catholic bashing and be proud of it.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'll even throw out there that if anyone who regularly attends Mass can tell me when the Father gave a sermon about the atrocities committed at the border, and how inhumane we're treating these refugees, I'll rescind that. And it doesn't even have to include references to Matthew 19:14.

We're getting a little off topic but when you say "the Father" do you mean the Pope?

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Nice snarky reply.  I normally enjoy talking football with the fine folks on this board, but apparently there are bullies here who are anti-Catholic or are intolerant of differing viewpoints (dare mention of other viewpoint is slippery slope lol). 

My teaching to the "class":  Go back a re-read my comment.  It said:  'from conception TO natural death"  that implies respect for human life at all stages of life. 

I'll be sticking to other venues where hatred isn't so prevalent with its members.  Never thought I'd get this level of bashing from Husker fans and I am sure when I sign off you'll continue the anti-catholic bashing and be proud of it.   

My snarky reply was not directed at you.  It was directed at Knapp regarding his Catholic comment.  

And regarding my slippery slope comment, it was meant that you might hit a nerve with some and if you weren't ready to go a few rounds, it might not be a topic you want to wade into.

Personally, I felt that most your comments were quite appropriate regardless if I agreed with them or not

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This Sunday.

To be more specific, we had a guest retired priest this Sunday.  His talk was very good.  He spoke about how we need to really contemplate our own spirituality and how it pertains to how we conduct our lives as compassionate people towards others.  It really hit home with how I feel about my own spirituality.  

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The bolded made me laugh. In 12 years of Catholic school, not one time did any teacher or priest ever take a loving attitude towards the pregnant women.

Really???  I didn't go to Catholic school.  But, I've heard talks from several Priests talking about abortion being wrong but we also need to have compassion for the mother.

• Fire 1