Realistic Coaching Hires with the AD

45 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Man, part of me wants Moos to name pretty much anyone other than Frost as HC, just to see the dumpster fire responses from fans and former players on Twitter. 

I don't get this. The Riley announcement, though he is a nice guy, was a huge letdown. Most of us would be okay with a different high-level coach (basically the opposite of a Riley announcement), but Frost coming back home would bring the most excitement to this state than we've seen since, well, '97.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Isle of View said:

I'm not much of a fan now.  I was a true Husker football fan for about 35 years when we played true Husker football.  In the 14 years since Pederson killed Husker football, I haven't been a good fan.  Frost is the last hope to resurrect true Husker football.  If that happens, I'm all in.  If not, that's fine too.  

Way to give up on your team just because they're not playing well. You sir are a true fan at its finest.

• Plus1 3
Just now, Jeremy said:

I don't get this. The Riley announcement, though he is a nice guy, was a huge letdown. Most of us would be okay with a different high-level coach (basically the opposite of a Riley announcement), but Frost coming back home would bring the most excitement to this state than we've seen since, well, '97.

You don't get that some of us don't see Frost as the second coming? Ok. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

When people have said they will be done with Husker football if Frost isn't hired, it becomes a bit comical and a small part of you hopes it isn't Frost just to say good riddance. 

• Plus1 5
2 minutes ago, jassman24 said:

Way to give up on your team just because they're not playing well. You sir are a true fan at its finest.

It's not because they're not playing well.  I literally just explained it in the post you responded to.  But please keep telling me how I should act as a fan as your opinion is very important to me.  

Just now, Cdog923 said:

You don't get that some of us don't see Frost as the second coming? Ok. 

I get that. I just don't get the schadenfreude on the fans if Frost isn't the guy. Personally, if it isn't Frost, but someone else like Norvell or Patterson, I'd be fine. Another Mike Riley, though - that would be tough.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

It's not because they're not playing well.  I literally just explained it in the post you responded to.  But please keep telling me how I should act as a fan as your opinion is very important to me.  

You aren't a fan, though. Or not much of one. I don't know why you would, then, take offense to that comment since it, in reality, shouldn't apply to you. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Sean Callahan says this morning on the radio that Scott Frost has told those close to him that he wants the Nebraska job. 

Can anyone confirm? Saw that on twitter. 

I believe this, the Oregon guy that I sat next to on the plane in 2016 is pretty adamant that Frost will take the job if offered. 

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

You aren't a fan, though. Or not much of one. I don't know why you would, then, take offense to that comment since it, in reality, shouldn't apply to you. 

Please.  Give up the “no true Scotsman” BS.  Just because some fans are disillusioned after 15 years of god awful results does not make them any less of a “true” fan than you.