Enough with the fan abuse

tmfr15

2 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

Josh Kalu? you do know they moved him to safety to appease Lamar

Source? Did they move him to appease Bootle and Lee too?

Same Kalu who has been injury prone and would have required Lamar to step into regardless of positional decisions?

Edited by spurs1990

Just now, spurs1990 said:

Source?

Same Kalu who has been injury prone and would have required Lamar to step into regardless of positional decisions?

Source, this was common knowledge coming out of fall camp man... Kalu is a senior moved to safety, that raises some questions. You really think Lamar deserves to be starting?

1 minute ago, timmytbro said:

Source, this was common knowledge coming out of fall camp man... Kalu is a senior moved to safety, that raises some questions. You really think Lamar deserves to be starting?

If that's the case why didn't they just leave Kalu there instead of playing Bootle and Lee then? Seems like they could have had Lamar at one spot and Kalu at the other if Diaco (who just came in as a DC with fresh eyes) wanted that.

I don't know if that seems like a source Lamar could put in APA format with that free education you are so upset about.

Edited by spurs1990

If that's the case why didn't they just leave Kalu there instead of playing Bootle and Lee then? Seems like they could have had Lamar at one spot and Kalu at the other if Diaco (who just came in as a DC with fresh eyes) wanted that.

Dude come on.... Bootle came into replace Chris Jones, Kalu was moved to safety so Lamar could start, and Kalu could still be on the field

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I've never once seen anyone on this board, on social media, in an article, etc., claim Joshua Kalu was moved to safety to appease Lamar Jackson. That's not to say it didn't happen, but the assertion that this was 'common knowledge' seems disingenuous.

GO ahead read the article, and no it was expressed but implicitly yes, you can make that deduction.

6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I've never once seen anyone on this board, on social media, in an article, etc., claim Joshua Kalu was moved to safety to appease Lamar Jackson. That's not to say it didn't happen, but the assertion that this was 'common knowledge' seems disingenuous.

"This is truly an exciting development as Jackson was looked at as elite talent coming out of high school.

With the praise he’s getting from Nebraska’s defensive coaches, his new starting role could be just the tip of the iceberg.

For now, Big Ten quarterbacks are going to have to deal with a very hyped up, tall cornerback that’s looking to make his coaches proud let alone a secondary that combines speed and size."

turns out it was all hype..

I mean you could make that deduction but it wouldn't be rational. Here's another one:

https://huskercorner.com/2017/03/28/nebraska-football-joshua-kalus-move-safety-speaks-volumes//

So you really think that Kalu moved to safety because Diaco showed up and said "golly Gee it'a John Lynch."  get real, they moved Kalu because #1 he is athletic enough to be moved, and #2 are you really going to move Chris Jones to safety to stat Lamar Jackson?

Just now, timmytbro said:

So you really think that Kalu moved to safety because Diaco showed up and said "golly Gee it'a John Lynch."  get real, they moved Kalu because #1 he is athletic enough to be moved, and #2 are you really going to move Chris Jones to safety to stat Lamar Jackson?

Or maybe Diaco thought Kalu would project well as a NFL safety and....moved him to safety?  Nah, that makes too much sense.

• Plus1 2
Just now, timmytbro said:

Your premise is that I need to move someone in order to start Jackson and not make a move because I think a player may find a position where they can be exceptional. I believe they moved Kalu because it would benefit the defense, not because they needed to appease Jackson.

Assume positive intentions.